tape question

well westly i dont go no lather and wont have ,,,,:) yu guys jist think cuz you couldnt resizt temptation that i a hick cant!! thanks glen. that will be where i head next then, and vaughn i agree with the old glue aspect..

glenn can yu take it off and reposition another panel on the template and go again or do yu need new tape each time?

Looks like you were not out of line asking here Larry, you got a ton of info! :thumb:

I've never used either for turning, but I have used the old carpet tape for templates and I had the same problem as you, residue, and the same solution, lacquer thinner :( Boy that stuff stinks up the Dungeon in a minute :eek:

:wave:

Hey Larry. That carpet tape comes in different thicknesses. I use to use it putting mirror on walls. According how bad the wall was bowed we used some 1/32 thick
Reg

Looks like you were not out of line asking here Larry, you got a ton of info! :thumb:

I've never used either for turning, but I have used the old carpet tape for templates and I had the same problem as you, residue, and the same solution, lacquer thinner :( Boy that stuff stinks up the Dungeon in a minute :eek:

:wave:

SEE i did see a putty cat!

personaly I don't use double sided tape for templates cause 99% of the time you only see one side of the piece your doing or there is some other piece that has to be joined to it to allow you to screw the template to the piece. If a screw won't work then I use my pin nailer. niether one ever leaves any residue and doesn't cost a thing cause they are already in my shop.:thumb: