Good? hotel service

Frank Fusco

:eek: My sister-in-law posted this. Knowing her, I am sure it is true.

<<<"Awaiting help at the hotel desk, I observed a woman saying she had sent her young son ahead to open the door to their room and he found a body inside. The clerk's response: "Let me get you another room." Ya think??!!">>>>>

Speaks for itself. Enuf said. :bonkers:

<<<"Awaiting help at the hotel desk, I observed a woman saying she had sent her young son ahead to open the door to their room and he found a body inside. The clerk's response: "Let me get you another room." Ya think??!!">>>>>

An interesting response would also have been, "I'll have someone come up to remove that for you within the hour. Just push it towards the door for now.":rofl::rofl:

First thing I thought of was an NCIS episode in which a couple opened their door to the motel room and found body parts and blood all over the room... the man said to the clerk... "I think we'll take that up grade now"...:rofl:

Frank I have had something similar happen to me several times in my travels. Either someone is already in the room (but alive) or they give my key to someone who walks into my room and says ooops.

Luckily no bodies yet.:D:thumb:

When David and I went to Oklahoma in February, we were sent to a room at the local Motel 6, and the bed was messed up. It looked like the maid and the maintenance man had been having a tryst in that room!

We got another room--pronto!!

Frank I have had something similar happen to me several times in my travels. Either someone is already in the room (but alive) or they give my key to someone who walks into my room and says ooops.

Luckily no bodies yet.:D:thumb:

I've had it happen also. Walked into an occupied room once and had someone walk in on me. From now on I double lock and flip the security thingy on the door.

I walked in on 2 different parties in my life in a hotel, and its a bit delicate.
ONce, in Atlantic city checking in at around 1am, I walked into a room, (ALWAYS put the chain or security lock on for this reason, so someone else cant walk in casually), and being the late hour, I was half asleep myself, I walked right in, was about to turn on the light, and there was an elderly couple sleeping, snoring loudly that caught my attention in the bed, I was glad they didnt awake to find me entering, I quickly exited, actually a bit shook up, and went to the front desk and gave the checkin girl a mouthful.
The second time, was last year, the Hamptons Inn Binghamton, NY, on the way to visit my kid up in the Buffalo area of NY, it also was very, very late, as I worked that day, and didnt leave NYC area till 8 pm.
I opened the door, and a man around 40 and his son were sitting directly opposite the door in their boxers speaking with someone I couldnt see, and they looked at me and were in shock, or at least they looked totally shocked.
I said sorry, turned my head down and walked right out. Before I got to the desk they had already called and complained.
I realized the dumb mistake I made by turning away from them as to not invade their privacy because at that moment who would know if the person would attack me as an intruder or whatever, it wasnt my fault, and I really laid it into the late night women behind the desk.
I made her go up to the next room and open the door first.
Its not a pleasant experience.

I got married while I was still a student, and I could not go on a honeymoon until I finished finals, so on my wedding night we made some last minute plans to stay at a hotel in Manhattan and catch the Beatlemania show on Broadway, the next day, then I had to get back to school on Monday.
At around 5:30 am, a bellhop attempted,(keys back then) to open our door, the chain stopped him and he yelled out Im sorry, wrong room.
I called the front desk ofcourse, just to make sure it was a bellhop, but didnt make a fuss over it, mistakes happen.

There is a Hotel chain that used to boast "Only surprise is the price" well I was given a room and when I opened the door there were two females waiting in the bed :thumb: Oops, old as my mom...:(

Excuse M :eek:e!!!

Actually, in some countries, the maid walking in unannounced is normal. When I was in England I often stayed in pubs, the original bed and breakfast places. Back then they were reasonable. The norm was in the morning, usually quite early, the maid would give a quick knock and simultaneously open the door and come in with tea and biscuits. If you were in a.....uh....comprimising situation, you either accepted it or covered up real quick.

Some years back, I was staying at a hotel in Anchorage. I was watching TV and enjoying an adult beverage when the maid walked in as asked if I wanted turn down service. I replied "no thanks I get enough of that at home"..:rolleyes::D:rofl:

Excellant :rofl: I hope I can remember that one when the time is right,,, :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I worked a 9-month job in Gallup NM, and rented rooms weekly at various motels. (I tried most of them in town eventually). One Monday evening, a couple hours after checking in, I was sitting on the bed watching TV and some obviously drunk Navajo guy walked in, despite the locked door. (He had a key.) He was about as surprised to see me as I was to see him. I politely told him he had the wrong room. He apologized, but then he looked around the room and asked if he could stay there that night anyway, because he needed a place to sleep. I casually picked up the holstered S&W .357 sitting on the nightstand, placed it on my lap, and said I didn't think it would be a good idea for him to stay. He left post haste. ;) I called the front desk, and was told that wasn't uncommon for Navajos to come to town for a weekend of drinking (especially at first of the month after they got their government checks), rent a room for a night or two, but then keep the key. There was a decent chance the room would be empty on Monday night in the event they needed to sleep off another bender.

At that time (late '80s), as I recall Gallup had a population of a bit over 20,000 people, but they ran 100,000 or more people per year through the drunk tank at the police station. (Info I got from the Chief of Police.) I have lots of sad Gallup stories like that. :rolleyes: