(vortex) pen turning

Yup.

Take the next steps and start making your resin blanks and buy a chainsaw and start scouring the neighborhood for burls growing from those tree things.

Been there done that. You'll be like the rest of us. When a big wind storm blows thru I drive from one end of town to the other back and forth looking for wood. Generally get a bunch. Oh and there is no way out.:eek::D;):rolleyes:

Fred, you might as well go ahead and just order the t-shirt:

hook-line-sinker.gif

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Nope your now one of the lost souls...:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Next you'll be buying a chain saw and driving around a storm looking for raw material.:D

another friend just droped off a new 18 in chain saw for some help i gave him on a job he had . he knew i was a turner and was always looking for wood . help loml say all i talk about is wood ,or turning . she wants to change her name to to maple but then she says i most probly whould cut her up and turn her
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Hi Fred

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Not sure I remember welcoming you to the family. So a big Welcome.:thumb:

Now you sucked in good and solid, given you are so far a "Spinny Guy" why not try the flatwork vortex. Its just as bad. Keeping reading this forum and i can assure you there will be many aspects of wood to tempt you. Wait next comes the long list of all the "other tools" you need and oh I see a dedicated shop on the horizon. :D:rofl:

If you are like me you say why did it take me so long to get going in this hobby.