The conversion process!

larry merlau

well as most of yuall know i am one who professes to be a redneck and am in about every way possible but as age come along we all seem to mellow and sometimes that can be good but in my case the process doesnt look so brite,, i have got a two daughters who both were after the same cloth or as some wouldunderstand better ..they dropped from the same tree well we also know the way to a mons heart is threw his stomach and i like food as muchas the next guy and have had the oppertunity to have many differnt cuzines but this am i am for a fright and am not sure i can handle it.. i have my yuongest here and she dun truned VEGAN on my a year ago. and now she wont touch any road kill or anything made from critters.. and make matters worse this wknd which normally is a great breakfaast mourning,, yu know the good stuff that yu dont have time fer in the week.. well we get a VEGAN breakfast leabanon style.. so i get to go and hope fer the best from the middle east version of eating.. real stuff got two lebanezze folk here with my daughter.. lookin forward to Toms bachlor party where i can the tweo major food groups for rednecks BBQ and liguide refreshment.:D:thumb: who said old age is good???

Here ya go Larry, just to get your mouth watering, the BBQ end of your redneck wishes :D And yes it is 7 am when the pics were taken and the pork shoulder has been on the grill for 1 1/2 hours already :p It will be ready to carve around 6 pm :thumb:

Attachments

• Meat 002 (800 x 600).jpg
    Meat 002 (800 x 600).jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 26
  • Meat 003 (800 x 600).jpg
    Meat 003 (800 x 600).jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 42
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:Help Help I cannot stop laughing.

Larry eating carrots and chickpeas. Now Bugs Bunny has grown a beard.

Dont worry Larry the food should be real good. Them there middle eastern folk can also cook up some nice food. Ask the Lebanese folk for a potatoe pie. We used to call them Leb Pies in SA. Oh OH Oh they were unbelievable. That will get you back to at least one redneck and mens basic foodstuff I know and that is STARCH.:D

I wont tease you with pictures of steak just mention that i aint having cereal for breakfast this morn. I is about to have nice Pork bacon, 2 eggs (ask them vegans if they can here them scream) poached, nice fried mushrooms, little fried tomatoe and some toast.

I will think of you eating them there Humous for breakfast.:wave::thumb::D

well its over and here is what i had to eat!!:eek: the bread was called sata it was a oregano pizza??? and the soup was called foole.....:eek: full of chick peas and red beans and lots of lemon juice and green flacky stuff.. it ate OK when its all that is offerd yu eat whats on the table.. For me, beans and peas fer breakfast isnt normal food... but i did hvae a good chat with a lebanezze guy ...hey he could pass fer a redneck in his political thoughts...yes ..we got along fine that way:)

Oh man, a veggie breakfast???? That's cruel.
Normally, I don't eat much breakfast but about once a month, I JUST GOTTA HAVE a full country plate, or two, full of eggs, bacon, sausage and heaps of biscuits and white sausage gravy. Guaranteed a pure artery clogger but makes up the difference in lifting the spirits.

as age come along we all seem to mellow and sometimes that can be good but in my case the process doesnt look so brite,, i have got a two daughters[...]
I can see it all in my mind's eye....

Two or three years hence, Larry has gone and gotten a little older and mellower. His youngest has passed through her inevitable "macrame phase" and is looking to create something more elegant and permanent to leave behind. She invites her dad over for another weekend "bean breakfast", then pulls him aside and shows him the little (are you ready for it?) mini lathe that she's just broken in.

"Dad, this little machine is great fun! Watch what I can do with it!"

She cranks out a cool pen, and a small bowl for Larry to eat his next "bean breakfast" out of. Then, oh-so-innocently, she turns to Dad ... offers him a roughing gouge ... and says, "Would you like to try it? It's really easy, and I'll be right here to help."

By this time Larry is so mellow, and his recent reflections on mortality so poignant, that the ribbings from his online gang are as nothing compared to his (youngest) daughter's gentle invitation - and the realization that he has let too many years pass by without making a single "spinny thing"....

= = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Next thing you know, Larry is actually inviting himself over for bean breakfasts, to which he joyfully brings his (youngest)-daughter-made-bowl ... all so he can excuse himself afterwards and spend some quality time on the now-beautiful-to-him machine.

Before long, his daughter will want to "go green" ... so she'll ask her dad to make her a spring pole unit, after which she'll gift the mini lathe to him for keeps.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Too far fetched, you say? That's OK ... maybe once you're 2 or 3 years older (and mellower) youself it will sound more feasible. :D

who said old age is good???
:rofl: :rofl:

well kerry i thought i knew who was on y side not so sure yet:) she is 31 so this macrmea stage is alittle off on timing.. but she may be slow like me to do things.. but i think yu need to clean your crystall ball its pretty cloudy when yu start seeun lathes in my future:):D:rofl::rofl:

No problem - what are friends for, anyway? :rolleyes:

Anyway, I don't think you really want me to clean that crystal ball. Who knows what I might see then? The mini lathe might turn into a PowerMatic monster, you might actually start hauling the mini version on your cross-country trips and cranking out projects for visitees with wood from their own property (while-they-wait) ... no, I'll leave it as dusty as I can for now ... strictly for your sake.

:wave:

OK, now I am beginning to worry about you Larry. Yesterday, a photo surfaced showing you and a jet lathe and today it looks like you are turning vegetarian (eating green soup for breakfast). What is tomorrow going to bring...you swearing off the liquid refreshments? Is this some mid-life crisis thing?

well bill, i aint gone over the ledge yet am headed to toms this afternoon fer some good bbq and cold drinks!!! and i am lookin forward to my one good square meal today... glad yu enjoyed them don i would have to if i could got them.. and bill as for tyhe surfacing photo,, its just the enquire news tryun to make some headlines,, yu know local flatworker goes bizzurk and gets turned up in a lathe.

(in his best rod serling voice...) here we have larry merlau, a slightly curmudgeonly, yet mildly respected example of flat woodworking. he has just eaten his first vegan breakfast the other day, yet little does he know, that with this first step, he is well on his way to, the spinny zone..... :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Careful Dan, you're making is sound like turners are a bunch of tree-hugging do-gooders. (OK, we DO hug trees, but for a different reason. We're measuring he trunk.)

Personally, I eat red meat to remind myself where I am in the food chain. Here's a little reference chart I use from time to time:

Pigs-Delicious-Parts.jpg

I guess we seen it coming bozz, last time over at your house for breakfast. :dunno:

It is nice to try something different....but you ain't gotta like it.:huh:

Fresh ham, sausage and eggs are for breakfast here in the morning.....I'll be thinking of you.:rofl: