Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alternative design for Mission style Chairs

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix

Alternative design for Mission style Chairs

In getting opinions from variouis folks about the chairs I have designd for the church commission someone mentioned that the chairs I designed are nice but the don't incorporate the over all theme so I came up with an alternate design. I figure I'll let the customer decide. Here's what I have come up with. alond with the original design. As always you comment are welcome.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails chair 2.jpg   Chair.jpg  
    Last edited by Don Baer; 08-02-2009 at 08:19 PM.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

OK Don, stop it, too many awesome designs you are really going to make it hard for them to deside. Both AWESOME

Both are very nice, but I like the more simplistic design on the left. But, what does the other furniture look like? It could be that I'd decide the one on the right is a better match to the other items. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...
    Exclusively Irish!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas
    When Irish Eyes are smiling, they're usually up to something!!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...but most likely, I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, season 3

Jim Here is a shot with the other pieces.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Santuary 2.jpg  
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

LOML says she prefers the second design for the church but she also likes the looks of the first design the one on the right so I told her I'd build some for her.

I think the wife is right Don
    Jay

Indianola, Ia about 12 miles south of Des Moines
    I like the frist design better, but either one would look good with the other furinishings.

i liked the first design better don. did they ever decide on the design for the lectern?
    benedictione omnes bene

www.burroviejowoodworking.com

check out my etsy store, buroviejowoodworking

I gave him 3 Lecturn (ambo ) designs, yours and two others, both sets of chair designs and a couple of the overall pictures with all of the pieces in place this morning. He gave me the demensions for the altar stone which he has ordered and said he'll be showing everything to the design comittee. He's going on vacation but said that he'll order the corpus for the cross when he gets back. I figure that I'll have everything finalised by early Sept. and be able to start on building these peices sometime that next month. As soon as the comittee decides on the final design I'll post what it will all look like.
    I am working on the construction prints for the cross, since it will be suspended from the ceiling I have decided to make it hollow out of 8/4 oak to try to save some weight.
    Last edited by Don Baer; 08-03-2009 at 12:00 AM.

Thanks for the overall picture Don. I'll stay with my decision, I like the one on the left. Don't get me wrong, the one on the right is a neat design, and looks to be harder to build, But in keeping with a church setting, I think the more conservative design would fit better overall.
    Now, when you make some of the other ones for your wife, I want to see a picture or ten!!! Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...
    Exclusively Irish!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas
    When Irish Eyes are smiling, they're usually up to something!!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...but most likely, I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, season 3