73.4 KB · Views: 32
  • bowl2.3.JPG
    bowl2.3.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 35
  • bowl2.4.JPG
    bowl2.4.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 32
Looking good, Joe. :thumb: Are we having fun yet? :D

I was up until two screws let loose on my Wolverine sleeve. I was sharpening my thompson 5/8 bowl gouge. You should have seen the mess. I have a couple small divots on the top of the gouge, my varigrind jig actually got ground down a bit and there are chips out of my sharpening stone.

Oh yea, I am already laying the ground work for a lathe upgrade with loml. So yea I am having fun, despite some set backs.

joe

Sorry Joe, you can't fool me, that is a platter, not a bowl ;) :D

The wood, well, my hat is off to you, I would have been scared silly to use such a wonderful chunk of wood on my second bowl :eek: :clap:

Love the wood and the finish looks right on to.

For me, for my tastes, I don't like the bottom so much, but that is a really personal thing, I think the beauty of the piece would be enhanced by a rounded bottom, to show off more of that lovely wood, instead of the squared off bottom you did, again, personal preference, YMMV :D

It certainly LOOKS like you are having fun!

Thanks, keep them coming, I'm too darn busy to even dust off my lathe right now :doh:

Sorry Joe, you can't fool me, that is a platter, not a bowl ;) :D

The wood, well, my hat is off to you, I would have been scared silly to use such a wonderful chunk of wood on my second bowl :eek: :clap:

:

I got gobs of this wood. Actually getting sick of looking at it. :rolleyes:

my first bowl and this bowl came from the same Maple tree.

Attachments

• maple bowl1.JPG
    maple bowl1.JPG
    18.9 KB · Views: 9
  • bowl2.2.JPG
    bowl2.2.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 9