Thread: Shop Moved...(wifes idea)

Mobile, AL

Shop Moved...(wifes idea)

Been a while since I've posted but summer is here which means I've been putting in long days working on air conditioners. Anyway last week Denise (wife) says "honey, why don't you and Terry (brother-in-law) clean out the back half of the garage so you can have more room for your wood stuff". I thought OMG what a job. But her idea was good in more than one way, it would also mean no one could drive by and see what I have in my shop, and I wouldn't have to move stuff inside if I wanted to go in and grab something to eat. So Terry and I proceeded to remove all the old junk and I do mean JUNK, which only took all day. Then I started moving things to the back half. After arranging and rearranging I finally got it the way I like. My table saw can stay where it is unless I'm cutting something BIG. Same goes for my miter saw. I can also connect my miter saw or router to my shop vac for dust control. The only thing I really have to move is my home made down draft box when I'm doing heavy sanding. Note the coffee pot, TV, and radio. And yes the fridge in the corner works and is well stocked. My new home away from home.

Between Aledo and Fort Worth, TX
    Excellent! It's always nice to be able to change things for the better! Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...
    Exclusively Irish!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas
    When Irish Eyes are smiling, they're usually up to something!!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...but most likely, I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, season 3

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Way too much room,lol. Good job and I'm sure your gonna enjoy the extra space.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Mobile, AL
    Here are some pics from what used to be. Yes I like my new castle.
    Last edited by Bill Graupmann; 08-03-2009 at 03:35 AM.

Delton, Michigan
    good deal on the improved setup and to think that she thought of it is priceless
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

No, not all of SoCal is Los Angeles!
    Big difference. That'll make life a lot more fun. Congrats.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

Topeka KS
    thats one thing i dont like about my garage shop is when the main door is open everyone driving by can see in. i dont 100% trust my neighbors so i try to keep the door shut as much as possible but it sure would be nice to not have to worry about it
    Als ik kan