inspired by ned....

Dan Noren

Staff member
now youse needs to knock it off about dem dere cheese boards, less'n youse is goin ta make a couple of dem wine botltle holder thingies to go wit dem.

with that bit of inspiring advice, i proceeded to rack my brains for ideas on how to accomplish the goal. after many hours of contemplation, with many rounds of trial and error, i came up with these. right now they are only lightly sanded, and not finished. they are quartersawn sycamore i had laying about, and cherry. :D:thumb: (i sure hope ned is happy....:rofl:)

Attachments

• wine bottle thingies.JPG
    wine bottle thingies.JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 51
  • cheese board and wine bottle thingy.JPG
    cheese board and wine bottle thingy.JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 43
Mighty fine. Those are fun to make. And can be tricky without plans as the angles of the dangles are critical to the balance. I made some in the shape of fish from patterns. The recipients got a big chuckle from the m.

first order for a bottle holder...

one of they people that bought a cheese board here at work, after seeing the prototype of the wine bottle holder, asked if i could make one for him that would compliment the cheese board. i said no worries, i would probably have it done this weekend. he bought the walnut cheese board with the walnut and hard maple strips on the outside edges. more odds and ends out the door, more $ in hand. :D