Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Galootigis questionis???

Galootigis questionis???

I have a Miller Falls #188A push drill it looks like the picture & there is room for 8 bits in the handle but no bits does anyone know where I can get some bits?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails boringtool188.jpg  
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart

Highland Hardware, in Atlanta, used to have them. Maybe they still do. If you call them, just ask for the Customer Service rep. He generally has a good handle on stuff that's not in the 'general' catalog.
    Jim D.
    Adapt, Improvise, Overcome!

I recently saw these on CL from a guy in New Boston, NH.
    I'll see if he still has them.

Thanks Jim

I am using more of these type of cordless tools. I think I am getting tired of the weight of the powered cordless tools. I can pack a bag of this type of cordless tools & have several tools & it doesn't weigh as much as 1 or 2 of the battery powered tools & there isn't that much difference in time taken to do the job either . Look out Roy Underhill. I just hope I don't need as many band aids as Roy.
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart

Thanks Bob.

I agree, I too like to use my Stanley version, but I too am down to one or two DULL bits, let us know where they are located, please.

I got a set of replacement bits for my Stanley version from Lynn Dowd of Dowd's Tools. I don't know if he still has any left or whether they will fit you driver. You might drop him an email.

Another possible source is Walt Quadrato.

Both of these folks are the salt of the earth and love old tools.
    Jerry

http://www.sawdustersplace.com

"If politics wasn't built on careful deception it wouldn't need its own word and techniques. It would just be called honesty, education, and leadership."
    Bob "Phydeaux" Stewart one day on Woodnet

Garret Wade has them in a set on this page:

http://www.garrettwade.com/garrettwa.../p/69P01ddd01/
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn McMillan View Post
    Garret Wade has them in a set on this page:

http://www.garrettwade.com/garrettwa.../p/69P01ddd01/
    The jaws when closed look like this when seen straight on + . So I'm not sure these bits will work.

Contact 7 Corners Hardware in St. Paul, MN. That place has so much stuff that a fat guy like me has to go down the aisles sideways. If I dig in my boxes of stuff I may have some. I did find a brand new, older than dirt one in some of my dad's stuff, but I'm keeping that one.