Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shocking Cherry Gloat

Shocking Cherry Gloat

I decided to take a bike ride to start working on my belly. About a half a mile into my trip I found a cherry tree that had been cut down with the lowest part of the tree still left. I asked the owner if I made him a bowl could I have the wood. He agree so everything was fine. I got my chainsaw but the wood was too big for me to work. The diameter was 5 feet. I borrowed a Stihl with a 36 inch bar and went to work. After I had returned the saw I went back the next day with my 045 AV Electronic. I bought this saw a couple of years ago from the Stihl dealer. I never thought much about the electronic part till a few days ago. While I was sawing, I received a small jolt. I thought maybe I was shaking from sawing so I didn't worry about it. A few minutes later I received a large jolt and dropped the saw! I took it to the dealer and he completely rewired the whole saw and it works like a champ.

The second gloat happened the following day when a friend of mine who is a owns a tree service asked if I wanted some cherry. I hopped right into my Buick and headed over there. When I got there he was up in the top of a 40' tree sawing limbs. I asked if I could go get a truck and he said sure. I borrowed a truck and my son and I loaded what we could. He said to come back and when I did he had his men load my truck down with more! I brought it home and my three sons Anchorsealed it all. My belly can wait for another day.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00095.jpg   DSC00102.jpg   DSC00103.jpg   DSC00105.jpg   DSC00107.jpg  

"Small Change got rained on with his own 38"

Tom Waits

My belly needs a bit of trimming too!!!!

Unfortunately, the only thing I'm likely to stumble on wood-wise is Poplar! The heck with it, the gut stays.
    Why has common sense
    become so uncommon?

My Woodwork Site

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Man Pate how biga lathe you got. Those are some honking chunks of cherry. Nice hual.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

I am SO jealous! Nice haul!

Tom

You can just feel the envy...
    way to go...
    you may need your belly to help hold the tools down when you start turning that...
    Chuck
    Tellico Plains, TN
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/TellicoTurnings
    My parents taught me to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder to find any.
    If you go looking for trouble, it will usually find you.

Drooling Pete. Drooling.
    Bernie W.

Retirement: That’s when you return from work one day
    and say, “Hi, Honey, I’m home – forever.”

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Wowsers! You can go into business on eBay with all that.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

All that is fake! It must be made with photoshop, I know you took some lessons recently!

Jokes apart, congratulations for the haul. Now we all want to see fantastic bowls (and other things) coming out from those logs!
    Best regards,
    Toni

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
    web site:http://www.toniciuraneta.com
    I also dream of a shop with north light where my hands can be busy, my soul rest and my mind wander...

Remember it's not a belly It's a "turning muscle" just ask Bill G.

Yep Chuck and if you want to see it again, that is what the rewind button is for. (Bill G.)
    Bernie W.

Retirement: That’s when you return from work one day
    and say, “Hi, Honey, I’m home – forever.”

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.