Made some changes to the DC System

Gary Lange

I made an alcove in the wall behind the Dust Collector which allowed me to set in back further and give to 6" Flexible Duct a straighter shot into the fan. I also installed a remote control for it. On the Table Saw I turned it around so that the outlet faced the other wall and cut the 4" hose down and this gives it a straighter shot into the system. Here are some pictures and I think things will work out pretty good this way.
This shows the Dust Collector an the alcove along with the Flexible Duct having a smoother shot into the fan.
DustCollectorSystem-7.jpg

This shows the Table Saw Turned and the hose getting a shorter and straight shot into the system.
MainShopandCabinet-1.jpg

Things are coming along very well now and these little changes make the system work better I think.

HOLY COW!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek: That is one nice floor you got there in that there shop!!!! Super nice looking! I am going to steal just a couple of ideas from you Gary. I hate not having an outfeed table. Like how yours folds down out of the way so I wouldn't start using it for another workbench!:eek: What is the sound like with your DC so close? Do you wear ear muffs when it and the table saw are running? Can you hear a radio over the DC without having it "cranked" up?

It gets a little loud in there when the dust collector is running. I may build a wall around it that is moveable but will serve as a sound barrier. I am looking at some muffs for the ears and thinking about a set with a radio built in. Thanks for the complements on the floor. It is just 1" X 12" No. 2 Pine.