Is this smoking ban too far?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you guys hush...that is about all the snow and ice. :) I live in maine, would should have frozen lakes, rivers and ground by now. We have nothing. Nothing I tell you even up north. :doh: This is not right. I have a 8 thousand dollar snow machine sitting in my sled shed just waiting for the white stuff and I have nothing. This is a travesty.:huh:

In all truth though, snowmobiling in Maine is huge. We get more vactioners coming to maine to snowmobile than we do down hill skiing and the state has lost millions and millions of tourist dollars over the last few years because of a lack of snow. If you could send us some of yours, we would be thankful.

In_The_Air-466x348.jpg

I just today, read this thread and find it very interesting. But, I will take a stand that is perhaps contrairian and only briefly reflected in earlier posts. When was the last time government limited your personal freedom and you were glad about it. To me, this isn't about smoking, this is about who you would like to have making decissions about how you live. Lard is demonstrably "bad" for you but, it sure makes great home made biscuits. Many may think this is a poor analogy but, they just out lawed transfats in NYC. What would you like for the government to decide for you to live without next?

It appears that Los Angeles is considering banning trans fats. More local government deciding for you what that you can do or cannot do. Some people seem to like this concept. I do not! How far will it go?

We get trans fats out of the restaurants......Next the obvious thing to do for public health and safety is get it out of the grocery stores....:rolleyes:

They can take my biscuits out of my cold dead fingers!

Did I mention I like biscuits?

Last edited:
It appears that Los Angeles is considering banning trans fats. More local government deciding for you what that you can do or cannot do. Some people seem to like this concept. I do not! How far will it go?

Here is the extreme other side of the coin: The government is protecting you from being poisoned by a soulless corporation that by legislation is compelled to only care about money. (public corporations have regulations that force them to ultimately be there to serve their stockholders) :eek:

Remember trans fats are not natural. They are artificially created. :huh:

Frankly, it is impossible for me to know all of the additives, and their effects on my system, that get put into the food that I eat at restaurants or in grocery stores. So I am glad that their are health inspectors (cockroaches in restaurants anyone? :bonkers: ) and health regulations on what they are allowed to sell to me as food.

Last edited:
OK folks, after a staff discussion, it was decided to move the thread back here, and to close it.

We think the thread has run it's course and the subject has been talked to death.

We do want to thank everyone for for discussing a potentially hot topic in a civil manner.

We have decided to lock this thread.

Don Baer, Marty Walsh, Steve Ash, Steve Clardy, Stuart Ablett, Vaughn McMillan.

Status
Not open for further replies.