The BED, Thanks, Tod, Steve Clardy, and the rest of you

larry merlau

For the support and many ideas of ways for me to get threw this, once i got to the real wood parts.. the veneering was done some time back, but i hadnt got to the real work till this spring. And threw many pm's and a few calls i got threw to the end..curve's arent the same as flat and straight!!! they look the same but trust me all kinds of things change when yu get into curves...
so here is the final outcome of all of your input and some of my time. i got 4 to 5 coats sanding sealer, and 5 coats of top coat. then hand rubbed most of it and got some of it with RO but the hands done most of it.. and we got the silky feel i was after:) so thanks to the finishing gurus here .Charlie, Dave and others and few hours of midnight oil and lots of radio paradise cranked up:) that was vaughns contribution:)
tn_bed final 001.jpg tn_bed final 002.jpg

tn_bed final 003.jpg tn_bed final 005.jpg

tn_bed final 006.jpg tn_bed final 007.jpg

tn_bed final 008.jpg

Well folks, I have had the extreme privilege of seeing it, feeling it, and DROOLING "beside" this piece of master craftsmanship. Pictures show so much but to see up close and personal............ya, not enough words. So well done Larry, so well done:thumb::thumb::thumb: Your daughter and SIL are going to treasure that forever :clap::clap::clap:

:eek: Hey Larry. I am impressed. That is pure beautiful. I hope you buy those guys a cool one that gave the info on the finish because they really gave you good info. And a high five to you for taking the time and giving the effort. In my dreams I wish I could finish a piece like that. :thumb:
Reg

Pretty nice bed Larry - I think the veneering on the headboard is outstanding and the grain orientation on the headboard sides is perfect.

cheers

john

well john, the veneering was done threw TOD so i had a master help me in that, all i did was help and picked out the wood..but i did do the rest. the crest rail doesnt show well but it goes along with the rest pretty good to...the foot board has got some character that doesnt show well either..

Well folks, I have had the extreme privilege of seeing it, feeling it, and DROOLING "beside" this piece of master craftsmanship. Pictures show so much but to see up close and personal............ya, not enough words. So well done Larry, so well done:thumb::thumb::thumb: Your daughter and SIL are going to treasure that forever :clap::clap::clap:
tom,, yu need to come over to feel the silk!!! you havnt had that yet and it leaves friday night. its worth it!!!

thanks for the kind words, i am NOT an master but would like to continue to get better..

Great job Larry!:thumb::thumb: That's way beyond purdy! With your post about words and family last week and this one with wood, you have made many of us proud to call you friend even if we don't know you--if you know what I mean.

The BED, Thanks, Tod, Steve Clardy, and the rest of you

Larry,

It's,,,:huh:

it's,,,:dunno:

GORGEOUS!!! Beautiful, simply beautiful.:thumb::rofl::rofl:

Don't underestimate yourself. You ARE a master. :D

Aloha, Tony