The BED, Thanks, Tod, Steve Clardy, and the rest of you

Well Larry, looks like I'm a little "Late" to this Viewing Party,(since I'm down with the flu), and the others sure didn't leave me ANY words to use, Soooooo............

I will just say that even viewing the pics through fevered, watery eyes, I am totally awed by your work and the outcome of the piece. It is absolutely Gorgeous. You took your time 'n done it right.:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

thanks tod, it wouldnt have happened without your help!!!!

and once again, i say i am not a master!!! Mr Maloof was and many others like him i am just a beginner,, dont put me in a group that i dont belong in.. say it straight:) its like tellun someone, your the king and you arent, dont have the right blood lines:) thanks for the nice comments and it turned out ok but pictures hide alot :) ken and tony i did sign and date it.. and it took me a long time to finish it but i had thought it out and looked at many differnt angles before i would take the next step..this was bought wood and so i had no room for error. i had some of my own in it but most of it was bought.. learned alot on this one..jumped threw some hoops i hadnt jumped before..learned how to fix somethings that didnt go as planned as well:) once again thanks for the kind words.. but it was a group effort, so give yourself some credit too!!!
oh and clean shop well it had been cleaned a week ago for the lebanezz folk that came to visit:) it was filthy before hand and yu didnt see all of it its not real clean now:)

Last edited:
A little late to the party here Larry, but none the less, that is a very beautiful example of your work. :thumb:

I do hope you dated and signed that piece, as that will be admired for many years to come and future generations need to know who created it.

I also think that it deserves some pics be sent to Fine Woodworking, as the choice of wood and workmanship deserves recognition.

Now, for the big question. If it's leaving Friday, what is the ETA here at my house? :wave:;):D

Karl

A little late to the party here Larry, but none the less, that is a very beautiful example of your work. :thumb:

I do hope you dated and signed that piece, as that will be admired for many years to come and future generations need to know who created it.

I also think that it deserves some pics be sent to Fine Woodworking, as the choice of wood and workmanship deserves recognition.

Now, for the big question. If it's leaving Friday, what is the ETA here at my house? :wave:;):D

Karl
yup its leavun friday karl, but its gonna get dropped off at detroit and wont make out of the city for some time.. yu know how they are over there they will take anything they can get there hands on:)
And its not FWW stuff.. but thanks for the kind words:) someday i hope to be good enough for that, but have along ways to go... but its gonna be a nice ride:) with the folks that i have met thus far threw it..!

Larry and crew, GREAT JOB!!!!!!!! :thumb::thumb::thumb:
Support crews are invaluable Larry, but you have a mastery of some of the techniques in order to get a bed of this quality produced. Very very nice. I am envious. It is beautiful. I hope they always respect and appreciate the love and labor involved in this project.

yes dave, i used the white pads and they disengrated on me, also used the gray ones some as well,, gonna try the new tricks mentined to hold that stuff on next time.. but the comet works great just a mess to clean up:)

disengrated , who's pad did you use. I've never had a 3M pad do that.

the pads came from wood worker supply, they were already cut to size and had a cloth backer on them for hook and loop.... the cloth let loose and the pad went flying..the pad actually stayed together, so dont want yu to think they disengrated that way...just wouldnt stay on RO no more so i used them by hand..

Beautiful

That's one fine piece of work Larry. I wish I could make something that nice. Maybe someday with help from all the nice folks here.

I think I missed who this is going to. You don't even get to keep it:eek: Hope it's going somewhere nice.

So what's next ?

That's one fine piece of work Larry. I wish I could make something that nice. Maybe someday with help from all the nice folks here.

I think I missed who this is going to. You don't even get to keep it:eek: Hope it's going somewhere nice.

So what's next ?

this goes to my youngest daughter. and a hoosier kitchen cabinet is next out of some flakey oak i found:) it should be a treat after playun with curves on this flat and square yippie