The BED, Thanks, Tod, Steve Clardy, and the rest of you

Hey ya ole codger, it Really "Found" its home in that bedroom like a Fine Fitting Glove. It was a thing of Beauty sitting in your shop, but those shots don't even compare to the way it looks now that it is in place in its "Natural Habitat". That gets a 5 thumbs up.:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb: (and I only give those RARELY).;)

Nice Quilt too, reminds me of some the quilts my Grandmother used to make, (she was an avid Quilter and fantastic designer).

Soooooooo, ............ whatcha gonna do NEXT to out do THIS project, (no going backwards or sluffing off), now that ya screwed up an let everyone see all them talents that ya been tryin ta hide from us, dontcha know?:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Larry,
I missed this thread the first time through - WOW! That is a real beauty.
Thanks for posting it - it is an inspiration.

Wes

Well I am late to this thread but have a good excuse for class teacher:rofl::rofl: I been on holiday.:rofl::rofl:

Now for the bed Larry you did a fine job there that I am sure will get shown to every visitor. For me its touch and go as to whether the quilt is better than the bed. I got to see just how much work goes into one of those quilts when i was down in Lancaster county last year. Randi did a real fine job and the color match is perfect. :thumb:

The bed came out superb. I can only imagine how much time the finishing must have taken you. You sure did a great job.

I too would like to know whats next. Ya been on enough of our cases as to getting all this chocolate stuff used up so what about us getting on your case to see some chocolate work from the master.:D:):thumb:

Would love to have been a fly on the wall and seen the faces when this bed was delivered. You done good Mr. Merlau the country boy.:thumb:

I just had to have another look at the bed before moving on with this thread and decided to edit my post to come back and say I think a matching bedside table would be a great addition to that room. Then of course you could give the spinny thing a go and make a nice wood lamp with shaker style box shade. Now that would just finish off the whole suite. Of course a chest at the end of the bed would also be a nice addition but space is not to plentiful in the room so i would miss that one.

Last edited:
thanks folks for the new comments :) as for the next project being outa chocolate nope.. but the one after that is:) and pair of them to boot:):thumb: oh and robert there wont be any additional pieces up there from me. that was the last one up there.

Whats not really well know is the Gold metal Larry won in the very obscure Olympic wood turning event:):rofl:. Its where you pick up your flat work & turn around & set it down & who ever does it the quickest wins.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Great looking bed Larry.

Last edited: