OK it's another friday anybody got any exciting plans?

I have hopes of lots of shop time as the family has no plans at all...that usually turns into way to much going on for shop time. :doh:

I've got about 10 pieces that need to be finished up on the lathe, so that will be a priority. Bought time I posted something, so hope to get at it.

Don, have fun with your new tools! :thumb:

I will be assisting a neighbor who has to bring his wife into the hospital for some minor elective surgery today. We will make sure their kids are fed and get home at required hours.
Us city dwellers, have to watch out for our neighbors kids, we depend on each other when relatives arent available.
We all make sacrifices to help each other out.

Final sanding on my kitchen cabinets :D and start an engine replacement on my ole warn out truck truck:eek: (but I would rather be doing what your doing Larry....have fun:thumb:)

My daughter and son-in-law are up from Denver - son and grandchildren here tonight and tomorrow - brother flying in with his wife on Sunday. busy, busy, busy.

Step-Daughter's car caught on fire this week. Her Dad added an entire gallon :eek: of oil to it, which caused it to squirt oil all over the exhaust manifold and catch on fire. Last night I got all the melted plastic pealed off and patched up melted gas lines and such and it actually started. Still need to do some more investigation before we spend any money fixing it. So far, parts alone are totaling a similar car/condition on Craigs List, so will most likely go that route and sell this one for parts. Need to see what her Dad is willing to do or if he has a car he's planning to give her.

Other than that, planning to start cleaning up the father-in-law's workshop so we can get some woodworking projects going. He's got a tv cabinet to build for his new flat screen.

A continuation of a bunch of projects:

- excavate for the last three foundations (think industrial) of my fence project (phase 1)
- finish paint the new euphroes (block of wood used in controlling the sheetlets on a junk rigged sailboat) that I made for a friend.
- do some needed handtool sharpening.
- install the new wide blade attachment on my Worksharp 3000 (although I mostly handsharpen, I use the Worksharp to re-define bevels).
- maybe start on my handtool case. I need something that I can safely pack hand tools (planes, chisels, saws, etc.) when I go for classes. Plan on making it out of wood (of course!).
- try and squeeze in some work on my kitchen build (I am worse than Bill Lantry)
- go to the range and figure out which end of a golf club does what. I have not golfed all summer, been too busy.:(

We have visitors coming to stay over Saturday (friend of the wife and her husband) so that they can go to a wedding. My wife promised it would require minimal socialization on my part, as she knows how busy I am. Of course she may be motivated in this regard by her desire to have me complete the fence. Can you hear the whip snap?

All of this and also making sure that I get my running in each day.

At least last night I completed a workshop cleanup that I started last Sunday. The place had just got out of hand. I needed to regroup before continuing to work in there. Looks great now, but I am not sure how long that will last.

Router table: Buy parts Saturday morning, do some redesign mid day, but materials and start build in the after noon and hope to wrap it up Sunday.

House: some time this weekend I'm hoping I can get up in the attic and "finally" finish putting the electrical box for the light in the babies room and maybe my office, run wires from the switches and replace a section of wire that "popped" when I was "trying" to install a 2x4 between the joist that had a cleverly hidden power line for our bedroom, and it got pinched:doh: yea that scared the life out of me. For now on I'm vacuuming up every inch of that lose white fiberglass insulation before I do anything up there.

I'm going to start building a podium for my classroom this weekend.

Step-Daughter's car caught on fire this week. Her Dad added an entire gallon :eek: of oil to it

My wife's cousin had checked the oil in her car and said it was low. She went to put some in but no one noticed she had been gone for about 30 min. She came back into the house complaining about how hard it was to put the oil in and how much it had taken to fill it up.:mad: My FIL happened to be there and questioned her about where she was putting the oil.:huh: She was poring it down the dip stick tube and had filled it all the way up.:eek: Thank goodness she hadn't started the car. He drained the excess oil out for her. That was about 8 years ago and the family still rides her about it.

John, would be interested in seeing the podium you create.

Me, this is my last free weekend, :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:( school starts Monday :eek::eek::eek:, I start my bus route Tuesday.:D

So for this weekend, working on the shop but also taking some time and just lay around and take a break.

Two words: Viking Furniture. (Actually, it's three words, but the CoC won't allow me to use the first one.) :rolleyes:

I've also got a boatload of honey-do items on the list...yard stuff, house stuff, and moving some furniture around. I'm also going to look into taking apart an oak entertainment center that was just given to us*. It's too big to fit through the doorway of the room we want to put it in, so I'm considering disassembling it to get it in place.

* Long story...last weekend we picked up a nice oak entertainment center from one of LOML's friends. Brought it home, and completely emptied my old K-Mart particle board and vinyl entertainment center (TV, receiver, DVR, DVD, VCR, cassette, turntable, X-Box, speakers, etc.). Then, and only then, I discovered my TV won't fit into the hole. We could put the smaller guest bedroom TV in the living room, but I don't like that idea. I very seldom watch TV, but when I do, I want to watch on the bigger set. (It's just a 32" CRT...can't justify buying a widescreen.) So the plan was to put the new entertainment center in the guest bedroom, but it's too long and wide to make the turn into the room. The only way it's going into that room is in pieces. If that can't be done, then it'll get delivered to Goodwill (unless we find a friend who can use it). One way or another, I've got to get it out of the living room, and get all my components installed and wired back up in the old entertainment center. :bang:

have grandfather clock finally assembled by saturday night, and haul it, the coffee table, and the foot stool to the fairgrounds on sunday morning. other than that, work on the list of small projects for xmas my wife gave me. if possible, make the stand for under my shaper.

Now who actully did everythign they planed?:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Only got some router table parts bought and the light installed in my sons room. Wasnt able to start building the table:doh:

Planned on shop time to work on the Shaker Hutch for the dining room but all the grand kids came over so I spent most of the day in the shop Saturday making stick ponies with them. 10 grand kids plus 3 step grand kids makes for a busy day. The older ones caught on pretty well with the scroll saw helping to cut the horses heads and some of the younger ones had a ball stuffing yarn into the holes I drilled in the heads for the mane.
My oldest grandson, Jim, wants a go-kart. So he will be up here next weekend to work on that with me. Not motorized, just a wooden down hiller:)
Once I figure out how to post pictures, I'll post a few of my basement shop. Nothing fancy by any means, just a work in progress.

i did chris :D the clock and the other 2 pieces went to the fair on sunday, the shaper stand was assembled and is under the shaper. i cut all the parts for the wife's xmas list yesterday afternoon, and i even got the big lathe on it's platform. i'm all funned out:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I've got more Viking furniture on the roof, in the yard, and in driveway, so yep, I worked on what I said I would. I was pretty proud of my "foreman" skills yesterday for being able to keep two novices busy all day doing things like glue cleanup, sanding and rounding over edges while I got other things done that they couldn't do.