Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: anyone interested?

anyone interested?

I have drawn up a cutting list and parts list, and can give an easy step by step instruction to make a childrens adirondack chair.
    Ive posted them way back. Ive seen similar styles made out of wood selling from anywhere from 49-89 dollars.
    My design, can be made from 8 bf.
    I generally use Pressure treated and deck screws, the 1x6s PT in the borg are under 5 bucks each, so it runs me around 10 bucks a chair, or you can resaw a 2x6x8 PT, that runs generally a bit under 7 bucks.
    I use 3/4 inch stock.
    I have every piece measured up, the cut list made, and so on, but on paper, handwritten, it didnt come out well I planned on putting it on here so anyone, even a novice (like myself)can build a couple of kiddie chairs easily over a weekend, probably in one day.
    If anyone wants to play with some computer program and make it readable for general fww use, Id redraw it all if someone will offer to put it in a readable graphic easy on the eyes, like a sketchup, something I cant do.
    Its just to share, 8 bf is not alot of wood, and its a beautiful outdoor chair.
    these are my plans, I never took any of these out of a book, nor did I ever see a set of plans for a childrens chair, I just made a few samples and waited till I was happy with one of them.
    I hit the search button and found my thread on it, I searched childrens adirondack chair, and the second thread had a picture of what I make. I can post more pics when I get home. I dont know how to link the other thread here.

I do know most have their own plans, so not a big dealio, Im just offering something simple, and if you have alot of short scraps of PT, this can be made with mostly short cuts, trash diving kind of boards.
    Last edited by allen levine; 08-15-2009 at 03:47 PM.

Allen,
    I'm interested. Let's see what you've got!
    Jim D.
    Adapt, Improvise, Overcome!

my son is sitting on a beach somewhere in california, when he gets home this week, Ill have him scan and put my drawings into something that can be posted here. Id rather not try to take pictures of sheets, it wont be as clear.
    and I can post a picture of each step, or most of the construction.
    Last edited by allen levine; 08-15-2009 at 05:48 PM.

I'm interested as well.
    I might translate them into metric.
    Best regards,
    Toni

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
    web site:http://www.toniciuraneta.com
    I also dream of a shop with north light where my hands can be busy, my soul rest and my mind wander...

Add my "yes" vote to the mix. I might also be able to help with the Sketchup parts.

By the way Allen, to post a link to another thread, follow these steps:

1. While viewing the thread that you want to link to, highlight the URL at the top of your browser. It'll look similar to this:

http://familywoodworking.org/forums/...ad.php?t=15363 (That's the URL for the thread you're reading this post in.)

2. Right-click on the highlighted URL and select Copy.

3. Start a post in the thread where you want the link to appear.

4. At the point in the post where you want the URL (and link) to appear, right-click and select Paste. The URL will automatically be turned into a link when you submit the post.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Add me too please. I'm always looking for things to make for my grand kids.
    Faith, Hope & Charity

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    I'm in and I'll be glad to add my limited sketchup help.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

found a picture of one of them
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tiki 161 (Medium).jpg  

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    got sum dimensions ?
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

add me too. Cool lookin chairs.