anyone interested?

14,569,439, please dont ask me to name them.

for me the drawings make sense, Im pretty sure I can cut and assemble one now in 2.5 hours tops without distractions.
I hope someone else can figure out what I put down.
If you make 2 chairs, the pieces of scrap left over will just about give you enough to make a nice small table to go with them, you might have to chop off a piece of your friends deck, but close.

Last edited:
is the 1x6 the typical 1x6 that is really 3/4 x 5 1/2?

3/4 by 5 1/2,

What if you used the 5/8" by 5 1/2" Dog eared fencing that HD sells for less than $2 for 6' length... run it through the planer and get a 1/2" plank? My Granddaughters have a couple made from 1/2" MDF. I think this will be the last season for them, so I was thinking of disassembling and using the parts for a pattern. When I do , I will post a cut list and tracings.

you would only have to make adjustments in the few parts like front seat rail, front seat slat. to allow for thinner legs.but why decrease the thickness, 5/8 th would be fine.what started me making these smaller chairs was that I went all the way once to staten island to someone who claimed to have a torn down new pT deck, in great shape, he just didnt want it anymore after he bought the house, and he offered it to anyone to cart away.
It was all small pieces, they cut it up so there was nothing over 2 feet. I took some of it, figured its good for something, and it was, small kids chairs. nothing over 24 inches.
I like to buy 5/4 cedar decking when lowes has it on sale, really cheap, and I love white cedar for chairs.

Last edited:
Sorry that I hadn't seen this post previously, but the child's Adirondack chair and 2 other variations of the chair along with instructions and the Sketchup models can be found on my Creekside Woodshop web site.

Attachments

• Child Chairs-2 (Medium).jpg
    Child Chairs-2 (Medium).jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 10