Milwaukee 5615-24 1-3/4hp 2-base Combo Kit - $120 shipped

scott spencer

Amazon has the Milwaukee 5615-24 1-3/4hp 2-base Combo Kit on sale for $120 with free shipping....most places get closer to $200. If you're in a state where Amazon adds the sales tax, you can get the same kit from Geroy's, fulfulled by Amazon for $124 shipped and no sales tax applied.

The kit includes an excellent plunge base, an excellent Body Grip feature, a very stout 11 amp motor, and a carrying case. Note this is a single speed motor, but you should be able to add a variable speed controller to this unit. I don't necessarily need the VS, but I do have a HF controller if need be.

Regrettably, I had to sell my 5615 fixed base to pay for the bigger MW5625 a couple of years ago, but this deal prompted me to repurchase it, though my tool fund is ~ $50 short!
rolleyes.gif
Anyone need a saw blade?
biggrin.gif

Mine arrived yesterday without blemish. As I said in my OP, this replaced a former 5615 that I had to sell to finance the bigger 5625, so I'm familiar with it, and obviously like it enough that I wanted it back. I just felt naked with only 3 routers on hand! :rolleyes:

The new kit packs a lot of value...the motor is stated to be made in the USA...other parts in China. The plunge base was not part of my original 5615, but is an excellent plunge base....I always thought my Freud Ft1700 plunger was fine, but I knew that the Bosch was better, but IMHO the MW is nicer yet. FWIW, the plunge base is interchangeable with the 5616 (VS, soft start, 2-1/4hp). It comes with two collets, two subbases, a dust collection tube, big carrying case (love 'em or hate 'em!:dunno:), and a centering bit. Bit changes are old school, but for a buck twenty to the door and a 5 year warranty, what a nice kit and a really solid single speed router. BTW, about two days after I ordered it, Tyler Tool advertised a limited supply at $107 shipped! So I got a good deal, but not the best deal.

Alright, when the price went below $100 delivered I had to get one. I really just wanted a second plunge base for my 5616 (I use the 5615 in the 5616-24 base for the Mortise Pal) but that was more money than this whole kit. Having the motors interchangeable between the 1-3/4HP and the 2-1/4HP VS unit is very handy. The spare fixed bases find their way into various routing jigs, and the spare collets are always nice but I am developing a snow drift of wrenches. :D

Attachments

• 5615-24.jpg
    5615-24.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 11