Router Table - Change Miter Track

glenn bradley

I have slowly but surely converted over to t-track type miter fixtures. I didn't really like them when I started out but this is where I am now. I recently changed router table tops and the stock miter track was the regular 3/8" x 3/4".
New Miter Track 001.jpgNew Miter Track 002.jpg

The screw holes will be close enough to the same that I filled the old holes with a bit of wooden Q-tip stick and gap filling glue. I let it dry overnight. The mess will get machined off when I widen the slot.

New Miter Track 003.jpgNew Miter Track 004.jpg

Clamp a piece of ripped scrap down and attack with the Colt and a 5/8" pattern bit. I will only widen one side, moving me about 1/16" closer to the cutter. No big deal but I didn't need to go any further the other direction. This is a staged pic with the straight edge on the opoosite side of where I used it "for clarity".

New Miter Track 005.jpg

To secure the track I screw clear through the table top and into the supporting struts underneath. That way if I get over enthusiastic on tightening things down I won't pull the screws out of the laminated MDF core.

New Miter Track 006.jpg

OK, now I'm all happy.

Last edited:
Miter track

Good looking featherboard, where did you buy it? I saw one at Amazon for $25.00, I thought that was a bit high.

Thanks, DKT