Metal Cabinet Make-over

Ron Roase

There was an artical in the new Shop Notes about doing a make over inside a metal shop cabinet. I have been doing that for several years now. But not to the extent they have gone to. I have put in on full extention slides for my screws and nails,lazy susan for my stains and a full slide uot for my circular saw and a few of my routers. First chance I get I will send some photos of some of my creations. Was just wondering if any one else has done this same type of rentavation? The one in the magazine is really nice looking. But thats OK for a few tools but I have 2 of these cabinets and they are both 36" wide and 72" high and 18" deep. Also loaded with both equipment and Finishes. But the nice thing is when you close the doors it makes for a neet looking shop.:D

I'd love to see pics of your cabinet setup. When we bought this house, two of the three available garage walls had built-in cabinets...the melamine-covered particle board ones from the Borg. The previous owner was into competitive rifle shooting, so he reinforced the shelves to be able to store ammo. Some slide-outs and other tricks would be a nice addition.

Don:

Finding the floor is easy - gravity is usually pulling towards it.

You don't own a lathe do you? They tends to foul up gravity from what I hear . . .

I have no first hand turning knowledge - but I am taking a Woodcraft Allentown PA Turning 101 Class next weekend . . .

Cheers

Jim