Picture test

I had a blacktop driveway poured, and hired a top contractor. This contractor made the proper slope on the driveway, the certain amount of degrees required from house line to street, and house line back.
He built it up as needed and it was maybe 1.5-2 inches above neighbors property level, and the neighbor went ballistic.(which made no sense to anyone since we always had those big belgium blocks lining our old driveway, and they stood 5 inches above ground level)
He claimed the water drainage on his property would be all messed up and he'd have a river flowing on his property. A few of the other neighbors are contractors, and tried to explain to him water flows from home to street and streets are pitched towards corner sewers, thats how the land is set up, but he insisted his house drains out to sides also.(he is a bit off the wall)
He went to local courts and complained so much I received a summons to appear.
During the driveway build, when the cement contractor came to pour the apron, my insane neighbor stood there for hours with an open hose and filled my pit, so the cement couldnt be poured.
I had to stop my cement guy from beating my neighbor to death, thankfully he didnt pull the same stunt the next day. Childish, very childish.
When I got to court, because I didnt get a 10 dollar cement permit, (I asked the local village first, but didnt realize my driveway guy was going to lay cement in the apron, as that is code, not blacktop as I thought my entire driveway would be, so it was my fault), I had to buy a permit for 10 dollars, but I believe the entire court staff felt bad I had to waste an evening in court for such nonsense, they waved the 25 dollar penalty. So I bought the 10 permit, the local village engineer came and did an inspection, and ofcourse it was done properly, and the neighbor got all ticked off because he no longer could do anything. He threatened the blacktop crew when I wasnt home that morning, to call the police because what they were doing was illegal. I had to come home quickly and he dissappeared all of the sudden. He was very lucky I didnt find him that day. the blacktop went down, and all is well.
He then started doing all these wacky things. I have pictures of what he does with snow, but I dont want anyone to pass out laughing, so Ill post those another day. My wife has taken pictures of him, actual video of him using his leaf blower to blow all his leaves onto my property, childish as usual, like I care because I dont pick them up anyway, but he does this kind of stuff, all over that driveway. He never had a flood on his property, or a river, but me and all my other neighbors do get a good laugh over his comments. I think eventually he'll be committed. Until then, I keep one eye on him when he's around.
He didnt speak with the neighbor on the other side of him for over 20 years, but that neighbor told me he just too afraid of me to confront me.
ONe day this winter, when he started pushing snow towards my driveway, I warned him out my front door if he pushes it any closer, Im going to bury him in his front yard with that same shovel. I didnt see him again all winter.
Im not a fighter, Im a woodworker and a lover, I love people, and I love to have fun with people. This guy is just over the wall nutso.

To answer your question James, in his small mind, we kinda feel like he thinks hes punishing us. We dont know why, but I guess he feels he isnt walking that extra 8 inches with his mower any more.
He hasnt pushed anymore snow my way either towards the end of last winter, but I think that has something to do with when he pushed 3 inches over, I became childish also, and too out cujo, the big snow blower, and returned the favor but I blew 4 feet of snow blocking his car in. I like using my snow blower, wish I could more often. Wanted him to know that.
Its just a big machine, like some guys like using John Deere's, I love my big 6 speed snow blower. I love machines, if I had land Id probably buy a tractor for fun.

Last edited:
Al, I did have a neighbor like that for a while. Old ms Knapp, was well known to the local police. A few times we had to deal with the SWAT team after she called the police to report masked men in her back yard. (some kids with ski masks on, playing in the snow) She was notorious for waving a toy pistol around and threatening to shoot us. She was pretty much harmless and certifiably nutso. She would bring a treat out to the neighbors St.Bernard watchdog and he would always knock her down. A few times I had to watch to make sure she got out of the snow bank. Wearing a ragged old nightie to boot.

As for your neighbor, he does sound a little scary too me. I would keep a very weather eye on him. All joking aside, I wouldn't provoke him. You never know why some people are mentally ill. Some have a darn good reason. Isolation is usually bad for them but understandable.

I did enjoy the story though.