Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: YUP it's Friday and another weekend is upon us.

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix

YUP it's Friday and another weekend is upon us.

I'll be in the shop again sanding and sanding and sanding. Then I might do some more sanding. Got church sunday morning then I might do some more sanding.

So whats on your agenda for the weekend.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

This weekend I want to run the last DC line, the lathe needs a little dust control too. Then I might actually get a chance to work on a project.
    Jim

I get to paint. Yipee

Steve Clardy Guest
    Working IN the shop, and ON the shop

I was hoping to sandblast, paint, sharpen and reassemble the ooollldd (but new to me ) Homecraft 4" jointer I just picked up, but it's still in the hot tank down at the auto machine shop, so I guess I'll round up my sweetheart and head out to an auction or two ..

cheers eh?

Got a job to go look at and bid on Saturday a.m. Dinner with friends Saturday evening.

Not sure what the social director has planned for me on Sunday.
    A very wise man once said.......
    "I'll take my chances with Misseurs Smith and Wesson. "

Saturday I'm gonna work in the shop cleaning in the morning and then if I can get it clean I'm going to make some pens. I'm going to the monster truck show tomorrow night, that should be fun.

I'll be trying to make some progress on the shop re-org that's the result of my adding a DC. I've got a couple pickup loads of stuff to move into our rented storage space, and most of the big tools need to be moved into new locations in the shop. Even though they're all on mobile bases, moving them (especially the bandsaw) is not real easy on the carpeted floor. (And I don't really have anyone to call and ask for help moving stuff.)

I'm also still considering emptying the shop completely and removing the carpet, but I'm not sure I want to slice off that big of project right now. Plus, I really like the carpet under my feet...it's the difficult cleanup and lack of tool mobility that I don't like.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Picking Up my Shop..... Literally !!

My shop is a stand alone 20' x 28' storage shed placed on concrete pads and tied down similar to a mobile home. The guys who placed it did a lousy job setting the floor pads, so after 3 1/2 years it's beginning to list to port side, about 3 1/4".

My buddy and I took the day off today and began lifting it. Amazingly, we got it to within 5/8" of level around the entire perimeter, reset the concrete pads on the bad side and placed a 4x6 beam underneath it the entire 20' length (the gable end). Damage was minimal, cracked some drywall but nothing I'm going to complain about.

Tomorrow I got to get to the center beam and block it up because we picked it up off the pads and now the floor is bouncing in the center of the building. The only way I can figure to get at them is to cut a hole in the floor. I'm figuring two, maybe three spots. The floor joists are 12" OC, so they have to be small holes and will be difficult to work with. Maybe I'll think of a better plan tonight.

This is all assuming I'm mobile tomorrow, my back and neck are very upset with me right now! Do we have an icon for pain?

Tony, BCE '75

Well at least for me it's a 3 day weekend thanks to MLK. Promised to help one friend move a couch into his van for a trip to the reupholsterer. Then got roped into helping another figure out how to use the Craftsman DT jig he got for Christmas. I used to have one many moons ago so it should come back to me. Then it's more measuring and planning to try and get my DC ducting needs figured out.
    Last edited by Doug Shepard; 01-12-2007 at 11:58 PM.
    --------------------------------------------
    Link to my ongoing ClearVue DC Install on CV's site: http://www.gallery2.clearvuecyclones...s-Mini-CV1400/