Life is Like a Box of Chocolates...Two Boxes, Actually

Vaughn McMillan

Administrator
Staff member
Ya never know what you're gonna get. The Chocolate Fairy in the red, white and blue truck just dropped these off...

Box-of-Chocolates 1 - 800.jpg

Talk about making it fit a 12 x 12 x 5 Flat Rate box...the one on the left side is about as close to those dimensions as one could hope to get.

And here's another shot, showing the rest of the Inspection Team...

Box-of-Chocolates 2 - 800.jpg

These were sent to me by one of the most famous non-turners in the group here. Many thanks, Larry. :bow: You continue to amaze me.

The one on the left side in the first pic looks like it has feathering through about half of the blank. Once I get it round I'll decide whether to make it into a hollow form or a bowl. The smaller piece looks to have much shallower feathering. I suspect it'll end up as more of a platter, but I'll know better once I get into it. Since neither have been sealed, and since I'm too lazy to get out the sealer and a brush, I'm planning to get one or both of them roughed out today or tonight.

Thanks again, Larry. You rock! :thumb:

Larrys spreading our good michigan walnut all over the country :thumb: He sure did make sure the box was filled to the maximum. Good on you again Larry :thumb::thumb::thumb: Vaughn I am so looking forward to what you come up with. That chocolate really has some nice feathering going on :D

Vaughn looks pretty good. Larry is a fine gentleman. I see you have the dogs guarding those boxes pretty closely.

Of course as soon as Larry gets his lathe there won't be any more wood in the mail.:rofl::rofl:

Drop DEAD GORGEOUS!!!!:thumb:

The Wood ain't bad either!:rofl::rofl:

well bruce, i was purty sure yu wernt talkin bout me:)

Vaughn looks pretty good. Larry is a fine gentleman. I see you have the dogs guarding those boxes pretty closely.

Of course as soon as Larry gets his lathe there won't be any more wood in the mail.:rofl::rofl:

and bernie, dont worry that really hot place hasnt frozen over yet so there is still time to get more of this junk spread out...:rofl:

funny thing is jeff, i dropped off some of this in CA . i large chunk of walnut and some red B-Elder earlier and it never materialized in a pic or and finished parts and the person that got it hasnt been back much since..:huh::huh::huh: so maybe its contaminated:huh::dunno::dunno: at least vaughn took and showed it before and will show it after as well..:D:thumb::thumb: that was why it headed his way..