Thread: Bandsaw tires?

Floydada, Tx

Bandsaw tires?

I was trying to use my bs today to cut the bow front for the window seat when the bs started shaking rapidly and blew the blade off. I shut it off and unplueg it. When I opened it up I noticed the tire had slipped of the wheel. This saw is only a year and a half old. Is this normal for the tires to wear out this quick? I am waiting to hear back from Grizzly to see what they say. I am supposed to have this dopne by wendsday. OH well one more stick in the spokes.

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Al, I don't have a griz but my band saw has had the same tires on it for almost 4 years now and It gets a lot of use.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Mountain Home, Arkansas
    My seven year old Griz G0555, in almost daily use, is still on it's good looking tires.
    Call Griz tech support.

North West Indiana
    My bandsaw is over four years old, a couple of blades, but tires look good. Tires on bandsaws in the school shop I bet are over ten years old and the last two years the students put hours of use on them daily. I vote to call Griz support.
    God and family, the rest is icing on the cake.

I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place.

Premier Bovine Scatologist

RETIRED(!) in Austintown, Ohio
    The tires on my TaiChi 14" saw have been one there about fifteen years, and still look pretty good.

The first (OEM) set of tires lasted about fifteen years, too. I bought the saw in 1980 or '81.

A couple weeks ago, just for 'insurance' I bought a set of urethane tires for it, but haven't installed them yet.
    Jim D.