Bandsaw tires?

Al killian

I was trying to use my bs today to cut the bow front for the window seat when the bs started shaking rapidly and blew the blade off.:eek: I shut it off and unplueg it. When I opened it up I noticed the tire had slipped of the wheel.:huh: This saw is only a year and a half old. Is this normal for the tires to wear out this quick? I am waiting to hear back from Grizzly to see what they say. I am supposed to have this dopne by wendsday. OH well one more stick in the spokes.

My bandsaw is over four years old, a couple of blades, but tires look good. Tires on bandsaws in the school shop I bet are over ten years old and the last two years the students put hours of use on them daily. I vote to call Griz support.

The tires on my TaiChi 14" saw have been one there about fifteen years, and still look pretty good.

The first (OEM) set of tires lasted about fifteen years, too. I bought the saw in 1980 or '81.

A couple weeks ago, just for 'insurance' I bought a set of urethane tires for it, but haven't installed them yet.