Arched Candle Holders

glenn bradley

Unfinished but, for those of you stuck for an idea on scrap disposal:

Quickie circle jig (literally just a long drywall screw driven into a hole at each center point)

candle arch 001.jpg

Candle holders.

candle arch 003.jpg

A little sanding, BLO and shellac. I'll post a follow up later. I'm getting quite a collection built up for a finishing marathon.

Last edited:
VERY Nice, Glenn.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Ah no'd u wuz a fine craftsman, but....... Ah din' no u wuz so "Ahrtistic".:D Keep 'em coming.

PS: Where do you get the little glass holders, and what size are they? I really like the wood contrast.:thumb:

Man, the work some flatlanders will go through to make round things. :rolleyes: :p Must be lathe envy, if you ask me.

Those look real nice, Glenn. Great use of scraps. :thumb:

Glenn, you should really use more discretion or warning when posting stuff like this, I was looking it over and the jig thread, and my wife was peeking at what I was looking at: wants to know when Im making her one, or three, oh, and I should make a few more sets because this one and that one would love them.
:D

VERY Nice, Glenn.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Ah no'd u wuz a fine craftsman, but....... Ah din' no u wuz so "Ahrtistic".:D Keep 'em coming.

PS: Where do you get the little glass holders, and what size are they? I really like the wood contrast.:thumb:

This batch came from JoAnne's but, like Allen says; any crafts, 99cent store etc. seems to have them. I did figure out to take a cheap caliper with me when buying as I have a good stock of odd sized ones that I will never find a Forstner for. The hole for these is 1-7/8" and is just a wee bit loose.

When I didn't think they could get any better you put my foot in my own mouth! I think you picked the perfect finish, I'm loveing this. :thumb: