Remeber the big tiller

I just found the pictures from the day I spent running it. Some of you wanted to see what we ran it on, There it is, T6050 New Holland. 105 HP, not hard to spend a day tilling riding around in that. In fact I put 22 hours on it that day. Thing has more bells and whistles than you can shake a stick at.

In the second pic, you can see the results the tractor is sitting on plowed ground and the tilled ground is between me and the tractor. Las couple pics my nephew took while I was tilling. as you can see it is a dusty job, wouldn't want to do that with out a cab

Attachments

• sm tilling 1.jpg
    sm tilling 1.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 65
  • sm tilling 2.jpg
    sm tilling 2.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 70
  • sm tilling 3.jpg
    sm tilling 3.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 68
  • sm tilling 4.jpg
    sm tilling 4.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 60
  • sm tilling 5.jpg
    sm tilling 5.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 60
  • sm tilling 6.jpg
    sm tilling 6.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 59
Now that I have 3 pt. that is one piece of equipment I will be buying in the next few years. I do food plots and spot plantings and would like that for tearing up a pasture and having a seed bed in the next pass ready to go!

Shucks Robert, ya mean you haven't got one o' them autopilots with tha GPS based navigatin' thing on it and you still have to actually "Drive and Steer" that thing?:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

From that little Wisp of dust in tha picture, I gotta say though that you don't EVEN know what raising dust is if you haven't used a 22' swath disc plow in a dry West Texas field turning wheat stubble under. Back in the 50's we didn't have Cabs, Air Conditioning or ANY of this neat stuff and the dust, er dirt, would get so thick you couldn't see twenty feet in any direction. The first lap on one field took 1 hr 34 min and the long direction ran N/S, (wind always from South) and it was Murder on the downwind legs, and NO, I Do Not miss that part of the fun in my life, but it was the only job available in the summer for a kid there.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Nice Rig you got there.

That's a cool-looking tractor, Robert. :thumb: Tiller looks like it does a great job, too.

...Back in the 50's we didn't have Cabs, Air Conditioning, yadda yadda yadda...

Uphill both ways. In the snow and dust (with flying rocks and stinging nettles). Barefoot, with rattlesnakes as big as your arm. And rabid gophers. One can never forget the rabid gophers. And our pants only had one leg, 'cause the other leg was on layaway at the General Store. Got paid 50 cents a week. And we LIKED it! :rofl:

That's a cool-looking tractor, Robert. :thumb: Tiller looks like it does a great job, too.

Uphill both ways. In the snow and dust (with flying rocks and stinging nettles). Barefoot, with rattlesnakes as big as your arm. And rabid gophers. One can never forget the rabid gophers. And our pants only had one leg, 'cause the other leg was on layaway at the General Store. Got paid 50 cents a week. And we LIKED it! :rofl:

Aha, YOU Remember the Good Times Too, eh?:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Now that I have 3 pt. that is one piece of equipment I will be buying in the next few years. I do food plots and spot plantings and would like that for tearing up a pasture and having a seed bed in the next pass ready to go!

Don't get to excited there, while you can use just the tiller it's a whole lot easier to plow first and treat the tiller as a secondary tillage tool. We use it as a replacement for a disc.
One pass with the tiller as opposed to 2 or more passes with a disc. On the plus side if you get a field that doesn't plow nice, like the one in the pictures it will bury a lot of the trash that the disc won't.

Nice Tractor Robert...we bought one of those (used and not the exact same model number) this year and it was nice. We had the haybine on it all summer and it really is a sweet machine. The powershift comes in real handy on the corners, just flick your wrist, drop it down a few gears, make the swing and snap it back up. I can only imagine on a tiller it works even better.

New Holland has started really getting their act together and putting out a good machine, or could it be that I am getting spoiled as well.

Travis
The only mistake we made,, was not getting super steer. :rolleyes: Most of the time its not an issue.

New Holland has come a long way, first we had Ford, the Ford/New Holland. Now we just have New Holland and theres nothing Ford about it any more. Did you know NH builds the Case/IH now?

Ah shucks. And here I was expecting a nice expose on a sailing vessel somewhere that had some woodworking issue with the Tiller.:rolleyes::D:wave::rofl:

For the non-sailors out there, the tiller is the piece of (generally) wood attached to the rudder of small to medium size sailboats used to steer said vessel.

Last edited: