working in the hot box

Ya the boys were out this morning and I needed to get these cabinet doors stripped 98 deg's, But it's a great way to lose weight LOL
My son was socked when he returned and saw me stripping.

Attachments

• CIMG0002.JPG
    CIMG0002.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 126
  • CIMG0003.JPG
    CIMG0003.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 121
He would be stoned in a heart beat, this kind of work is for real men LOL with old habits.
Seriously I have a great air filter system, Methyl chloride is heaver then air so the opening for the out take vent is close to the floor. As long as I don't lift sometime up fast from the tube the fumes come over the top of the tub and down to the floor and out.

For stripping we use a flow over system. The pump under the tub pulls the stripper out of the 5 gal bucket and up through the hose to the brush. Then back to the 5 gal bucket.

Attachments

• CIMG0004.JPG
    CIMG0004.JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 58
  • CIMG0002.JPG
    CIMG0002.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 61
  • CIMG0003.JPG
    CIMG0003.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 59
Yea it can be, and the stripper can sting a bit if you happen to get a splash, I've had it hit me in the face and eyes , we have to have a eye wash system close by for just an accident like that. You can not ware a mask because the fumes will get trapped inside the mask and your a goner and the methyl will destroy any goggles you ware. So it takes a very careful person to use this system.

He would be stoned in a heart beat, this kind of work is for real men LOL with old habits.
Seriously I have a great air filter system, Methyl chloride is heaver then air so the opening for the out take vent is close to the floor. As long as I don't lift sometime up fast from the tube the fumes come over the top of the tub and down to the floor and out.
I too use Methol chloride for stripping and you don't want to get it on your skin. DAMHKIT. I sure would like a tank like yours but I don 't have the room.
It sure does a job though. I haven't found anything that does a better job.

Don why don't you get a tub and mount it to a outside wall much like a hide a bed. You don't need the pump to get the stripper on the pieces, but a catch bucket would assist you.
The way I buy it it is formulated so that I can spray it on with a windex type sprayer and it gorms a gel when it goes on. All I need to do is spray it on, scrape it off and sweep up the residue. Seems to work pretty good.