FWW Magazine Turning Contest

Vaughn McMillan

Administrator
Staff member
The Fine Woodworking Magazine website is having a turning contest. You turners should consider entering it if you haven't already. I've seen pieces here at FamilyWoodworking that compare to what is being shown there (or are better). While you're thinking about what pieces to enter, go to page three and toss a couple votes my way if you're so inclined. Here's a link to the contest:

http://www.finewoodworking.com/contest/ ... ng-contest

And here's a link to the page where my pieces are. I think you'll recognize them. It's the walnut HF with the ebony finial and the natural edge box elder burl bowl. (My handle on that site is tg3k.)

http://www.finewoodworking.com/contest/ ... est/page/3

The burl bowl is currently also the "cover" photo for the overall Gallery on the FWW site. I don't know how often they change the picture, so I have no idea if it'll still be displayed when you click this link:

http://www.finewoodworking.com/Gallery/GalleryHome.aspx

As I said, send 'em some pics if you'd like, and your votes for my pieces are always welcome, too. ;) This is actually the preliminary round from which they'll choose 15 finalists. If I make the finals, I'll be asking for your votes again during the week of September 1 through 6.

I voted for both your stuff so if either of you win I will be expecting something like a PM with all the toys.

Brendan

Or you could enter, we vote for you, you win and we both get a PM with all the toys....wait, Vaughn already has that...guess it's all mine! :D:wave:

Thanks for your support!

Pete, I saw that, too. I suspect the 15 finalists will be partially based on the preliminary vote counts. Sort of like the primary races in an election. :p So when Jeff (and Curt Fuller, and any other members who are in it) get into the finals, we'll be back to ask for support. :D

Look who is a finalist...our own Vaugn McMilan! :clap::congrats::thumb:

Check it out at the link below and remember to vote for your favorite (My is Vaughn's)

FWW Turning Contest Voting

Cool. :D I've been busy, and had forgotten to check.

If you vote for me, I promise a chicken in every pot, no new taxes, and all your utility bills will be reduced by half.*

* Must be over 17. Not available in all states. Void where prohibited. Prices subject to change without notice. Proof of purchase required. Read label before using. No purchase necessary. Some assembly required. Not responsible for typographical errors. Some restrictions apply. Your mileage may vary. Subject to local regulation. Warranty period limited. No refund without receipt. Close cover before striking. No resemblance to any person, living or dead, is intended. Subject to availability. No COD's. Sales tax not included. Shipping and handling extra. For external use only. May cause excitability. Avoid alcoholic beverages while using this website. If symptoms persist, consult your physician. Keep this and all voting out of the reach of children. Parental guidance suggested. Made of 100% recycled and recyclable material. Some irregularities in texture and flavor may occur and are a normal result of the natural processes used. Warranties of reliability, merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose expressly disclaimed. The buyer assumes all risks associated with using this product. In case of irritation, flush eyes with cold water and consult your physician. Not insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation. Returns will be subject to a restocking fee. Use with adequate ventilation. Sold by weight, not by volume; some settling of contents may occur during shipping. Repeated or prolonged use may cause injury. Not responsible for lost articles. Call for availability. Avoid repeated or prolonged contact with skin. Contents under pressure; do not puncture or incinerate. Store in original containers. Harmful if swallowed. Do not fold, bend, staple or mutilate. No animals were harmed in the making of this website, except the ones we ate. Do not use in ears. Penalty for early withdrawal. Contains carbon monoxide. Prices higher in Canada. Do not operate heavy machinery after use. Do not open cover - no user-serviceable parts inside. Any user-performed repairs will void warranty. This wood may cause cancer in laboratory animals. Follow maintenance schedule. Wait 30 minutes after using this bowl before swimming. This bowl is not a toy. Dry clean only. Unauthorized use without express permission of Major League Baseball is prohibited. No dogs allowed. User responsible for damage or loss. Do not send cash via Canada Post. Contains small parts. Use unleaded fuel only. May cause low birth weight. 99% effective in the prevention of the spread of sexually transmitted diseases. May be exchanged only for an exact duplicate. Use this bowl on yourself first, then assist your child. Tear along dotted line. Elderly users, users with high blood pressure, and users with a heart condition are advised to vote quickly and take frequent breaks. Not to be combined with other software. Please take a clean plate when returning to the forum. No shirt, no shoes, no service.

Hey i put in a few votes and tried more than one thumbs up but it got me on the ip address.:D

Well done Vaughn, you deserve to win what i have seen you do sweeps the tables here. Somehow i missed the initial selection what with my trip and computer issues.

Best of luck with the outcome.