LOML:"How far apart are the studs in the walls"

Me:"16" on center"

LOML: "Then should I get a 18" Towel Rack"

Me: " No, 16""

LOML: "How about a 24"

Me: "No either 16 or 32"

LOML:" But a 16's too small and a 32's too big"

Me: " Oh the heck with it, I'll use mollys"

So, how big is Molly's towel rack?? :rofl::rofl: Yeah, I've had similar conversations with my wife.
Of course, you could build a nice wooden base that you could mount what ever size towel rack on, and put it in the studs. :rolleyes: Better yet, make one from all wood to match where it is being mounted. That would get you some brownie points! :thumb: Jim.

Ive had similar conversations with my wife also, funny you mentioned it, mine go more like this:
Wifey:I bought a towel rack today, could you go hang it please?
Me:what size is it?
Wifey:I dont know. It looked nice, I bought it, I didnt have a tape measure with me to measure it.
Me:Ok, just wanted to figure out how Im going to mount it.
Wifey:How bout doing less figuring and more hanging.

Almost 32 years, when she says something I just say yes, just makes my life easier.

Ive had similar conversations with my wife also, funny you mentioned it, mine go more like this:
Wifey:I bought a towel rack today, could you go hang it please?
Me:what size is it?
Wifey:I dont know. It looked nice, I bought it, I didnt have a tape measure with me to measure it.
Me:Ok, just wanted to figure out how Im going to mount it.
Wifey:How bout doing less figuring and more hanging.

Almost 32 years, when she says something I just say yes, just makes my life easier.

I know we've been married over 36 years so I should know better.

Don, you can at least take comfort in the fact that your wife knows there are things like studs in a wall. Mine has no idea what's going on behind the drywall. :p

At our house, it's more like this...

Her: Look! I bought these pretty plants today!
Me: Where did you have in mind to put them?
Her: I dunno. I just liked the way they looked.
Me: OK fine, where am I digging the holes to plant them?
Her: Wherever you want.
Me: Since we have no more exposed soil left in the yard, which plants should I remove to make room for these?
Her.: [Icy stare]
Me: Alrighty then...how about right here under the shrub between the two plants you bought last week?
Her: See? I knew they'd fit somewhere.

If I talked about studs in the wall my wife would think I was talking dirty.
She caught on to the "yes dear" thing decades ago. So, I just say "whatever you want". She hates that but doesn't have a comeback.

If I talked about studs in the wall my wife would think I was talking dirty.
She caught on to the "yes dear" thing decades ago. So, I just say "whatever you want". She hates that but doesn't have a comeback.
You could always try the Princess Bride response - it always got a sly smile from my Linda.

"As you wish"

LoL I remember the towel rack convo with my Wife

Loml: Hun we need to go buy towel racks for the bathrooms:
me: Why?
Loml: cause we don’t have any
me: yes we do?
Loml: where?
Me : *shows her by hanging a towel on the shower rod* see multi function
Loml: :rolleyes: no we need one over here *she shows me with her hands where and how wide*
Me: I don’t think they make shower rods that small.

I then tried to convince to let me buy a lathe and I'd make them sometime.. she gave up. So she has no towel rack and I still have no lathe :(

Last edited:
Mine wants things made at once, she asks me to do something and while I'm starting to do it she wants another thing done, and another one...

Hey guys are we meaning that all our wives are quite similar????? We should not fall into that machism topic, but they are... aren't they??:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: