Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another Friday is here so what R U Doing this weekend ?

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix

Another Friday is here so what R U Doing this weekend ?

I'll be doing the usual. In the shop Sat. watching the race from Bristol Sat Nite. Church Sun Morn. then back in the shop Sun After church. So what youall go on the agenda?
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

after a couple of days of down time due to rain, i'm hoping to get more of the wife's xmas list out of the way this weekend....
    benedictione omnes bene

www.burroviejowoodworking.com

check out my etsy store, buroviejowoodworking

If a grandparent is willing hopefully take my wife out on a date tonight, and this weekend i'm hopeing to get started on the router table now that the babys room has the light installed.
    Focusing your life on only one path does nothing but close your mind to the infinite possibilities that surround us.

Think out side the box for the box is small, cold, dark, and doesn’t have cookies.

I'm hoping this weekend the wife and I will be taking off for Western Md to do some fossil hunting and maybe a little skinny dipping.

Yeah the lousy weather means we gave up our plans for going to the beach today. So instead were abandoning our kids (hey, give them a movie and some frozen pizza in the oven and they're happy) and getting out for a real date night tonight.

Tomorrow, I'm off to the u-haul dealer to buy a hitch for our van. (keep me in your thoughts, last time I went to the uhaul dealer for a hitch, this happened. Well my wife is coming this time, so we'll have an extra set of eyes.)

And hopefully I can make good progress on finishing the chair rail that is going into our kitchen nook. Last weekend was clean, patch, prime and 3 coats of paint on the walls, and two coats on the wainscotting. The chair rail and baseboard remain. Though the baseboard will wait until we do the whole floor. Oh yeah, put up the new kitchen blinds also.

So most of my shop time will be DIY-house time, and not "pure" woodworking. Still got a nightstand to finish and a fishtank stand to build.
    There's usually more than one way to do it...
    www.wordsnwood.com ........ facebook.com/wordsnwood

Its been so hot and humid up here for the past 4 or 5 days that I don't really have the desire to do anything. Ive had to run my room air conditioner for a total of 8 days so far this summer.
    Probably a few cook-outs for family and hopefully some shop time. I've been working on replacing my exterior window trim all summer. What a chore.

cook-out = BBQ for you non yankees
    Faith, Hope & Charity

I'll be working on the never-ending Viking furniture project with my BIL. He's coming over Saturday and spending the night, so we can work both days. Oh joy. Just kill me now. Please.

I also need to fit a one-piece oak entertainment center into our guest bedroom. In order to get it through the door, I first need to make it into two pieces, then come up with a way to put it back together. It's made with oak ply and solid oak, with brads and glue holding it together. No screws. I will be literally cutting it in half. I'll end up with upper and lower sections, but I think I have a workable way figured out to put the two halves back together.

And in my spare time I'm working on some website things for a friend. I'm learning that online stores are not quite as easy to set up as they seem.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn McMillan View Post
    I'll be working on the never-ending Viking furniture project with my BIL. ...
    What are you doing - outfitting all of medieval Norway with chairs? How many of these things are you making?
    Jim D.
    Adapt, Improvise, Overcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim DeLaney View Post
    What are you doing - outfitting all of medieval Norway with chairs?...
    Pretty much. Lemme see...one storage chest, eight 3-legged stools, four 4-legged benches (with one more to make, I believe), and five tables ranging from 4' to 8' long. His re-enactment group recently lost a member (they kicked him out...long story), and he owned much of the furniture they had been using. So I'm scrambling to get a bunch of it remade in time for a big event next month. (Danish Days in Solvang CA, and the Viking Encampment is one of the centerpieces of the event.) I'm nearly done with my part of the project, but my BIL still has a lot of embellishment to do. He uses a Rotozip to "carve" designs on some of the pieces...stuff like this bed we made about three years ago:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0661 800.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	90.1 KB 
ID:	35931
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Hosting my grandmothers 98th birthday open house at my home.

also hope to turn a bowl on Sunday.

Tom