Just a little bottle or two........

Stuart Ablett

I use two products on my turnings a lot, almost everything gets one or two coats of the Cellulose Sanding Sealer, it has been a very good base coat, dries quickly and does not stink to high heaven :thumb:

AFM220_l.jpg
AFM228_l.jpg

The other is the Melamine Lacquer, I have a thinned version I put on too, but mainly straight out of the can.

The lids on the cans that both of these come in are a pain, they soon get gooped up and I end up using a pipe wrench to get the lids off, not an ideas situation.

new_finish_bottles.jpg

I got these two bottle things, look like honey bottles, they are actually from a sugar substitute I use in my coffee (got to watch that girlish figure of mine :rofl: ). the big lids screw off and give a large opening for filling the bottles and the small lids come off with easy as well, but the nicest thing about these bottles is I can see the product, so it is easy to just put a dab on the cloth I'm using to apply the finish.

A simple thing, but I'm impressed with how well they have worked and the price was good too :thumb:

Just thought I'd pass this tip along.

Cheers!

Afternoon Stu.

A little hint for the cans. Both these methods work.

1. Cover the threads with a little petromium jelly or paste wax and screw the top on.

2. Waxed paper over the hole and threads and screw on the top.

Bruce

Hi Bruce!

Yeah, I know that works, but the other thing is these new bottles dispense the product much better!

Alex, I get the sealer and such from Suzuki San, the price is not bad.

BTW, there is a hands on turning workshop on the 21st (a Sunday) at the same place we saw Eli, I'm going, you interested..........?

(uh-oh we are turf surfing here in Tokyo........ :eek: )

Sounds like a Tokyo-palooza to me. ;) :D

Well we are high and dry enough, that no Tsunami would ever hit us.........I hope! :huh:

Sure rumbled along for a long time, most are over in a few seconds, this one went on a long time, I was getting worried it would get worse, but it did not.

yep turf surfing..... :D

Sounds like a Tokyo-palooza to me. ;) :D

I was at my local mill when I heard the truck blaring out the Tsunami warning.

Stu, on the 21st I gotta take care of the lil' gaffer while SWMBO is out playing. Is Eli going to be doing the demo on that day? Wish I could go but will have to pass this time.

No Eli, no J-F, just us hacks.

This is a hands on workshop where we are all supposed to practice what we learned from Eli and J-F............ they want each of us to give a short demo of something we learned........ easy for me, I'll just do nothing :D

Yeah, you are kind of close to the water, did you see any waves???

Cheers!

No Eli, no J-F, just us hacks.
they want each of us to give a short demo of something we learned........ easy for me, I'll just do nothing :D

Yeah, you are kind of close to the water, did you see any waves???

Cheers!

Sounds like school all over.

Didn't see nor make any waves today. :thumb: