Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Al Levine's Kids Aderondac Chair Plans

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix

Al Levine's Kids Aderondac Chair Plans

Here is the cut sheet for Al's Aderondac Chair.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kids Chair Cut list.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	24.3 KB 
ID:	35942

Kids Chair Cut list.skp

I'll do the assembly soon,
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Here are the rest of the cuts. I'll do the assembly drawings next.

Name:	Kids Chair Cuts 1.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	30.1 KB 
ID:	35944

Kids Chair Cuts 1.skp

Name:	Chair Cuts 2.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	28.0 KB 
ID:	35950

Chair Cuts 2.skp

Change Made to rear leg demension
    Last edited by Don Baer; 08-22-2009 at 08:05 PM. Reason: Changed demension
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

thats very pretty, thankyou kindly sir....you just need to put in the last cut in at the top front of rear leg.

Quote Originally Posted by allen levine View Post
    thats very pretty, thankyou kindly sir....you just need to put in the last cut of 20 degrees at the front top of rear leg, one inch down, from top.
    I'll do that I also have some questions I'll PM you about the remaining drawings

Al I changed it I think would you check it.

Here is assembly ofr the legs
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kids Chair leg assembly.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Here's the final cuts for the arms and the back brace.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kids Chair Arms and Back Brace.jpg  
    Last edited by Don Baer; 08-22-2009 at 11:24 PM.

looks great, back brace is 16.5 inches long, I really thank you don for putting in time and effort, I just want to mention that with my plan, Ive made it larger at times , its easy to widen it, add an inch or 2 to all widths. I just wanted to get everything out of easily available 1x6's and keep the cost at 10 bucks for wood.

also in the front leg rear leg assembly picture, the rear leg should rest even on the ground(flush with ground same as front leg) once you cut the same degree angle on back bottom of it.
    Last edited by allen levine; 08-22-2009 at 10:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by allen levine View Post
    also in the front leg rear leg assembly picture, the rear leg should rest even on the ground(flush with ground same as front leg) once you cut the same degree angle on back bottom of it.
    I Knew that, I'll correct the Sketchup file.

And hears the back brace and arms assembled
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kids Chair Arms and Back Brace assembly.jpg