New way to frame

Al killian

Well I have started was was supposed to be a simple two day job.:rofl: Was hired to install wood flooring in a addtion. OK, first remove ply that contractors set down as temp floor. That was easy took all of 10 minutes to do this. Next should be run a few lines to see how level it or isnt. Oh wait whats this, a new way to install floor joist.:huh: First thing I see is a 2x8 spanning 12' and not touching the drwall ceiling for downstairs.:eek: Go over 12" and what do we have? maybe a 2x8, nope is is a 2x6 setting on the dywall. This repeats all the way thru the room We are talking 15' of this. Oh wait it gets better. When the idoits cut off the old roof the forgot to tie in the roof joist.:thumb: Will post pix later. Now I have to wait for the inspector to see what he wants done to fix this mess. One more new thing glueing blocks to the drywall to hang ligth boxes from.:doh:

Well here are a few pics of what they had done. I would be on here for a week trying to list all the screw ups they did.
012.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

017.jpg

Funny thing is the company had it inspected, but not by the town inspector.

These are the people who are cryin' in their beer because when things got tight and it was time let people go, it was them. In tough times you can't afford these monkey. Where do you find a contractor that will hire such people!?! Bizarre.

Sorry for your trouble, seems the guys that did some of the work on the Aparto I'm restoring must have moved to the USA at some point :eek: :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Best of luck!

This one of those insurance companies. They do the work quick and hope the homeonwer never sees it. This company spends more time in court then working and the insurance companies still use them for repairs.:dunno: My plan after seeing what the inspector says is to drop the ceiling and rip it all out and install 2x10' and rebrace the roof joists. Wel the good thing is I will never run out of wqork with contractors like this hacking up places.

Stu, If you want I can have them call you. I am sure they would love to come over and held you.:D