Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wood maybe to much

Wood maybe to much

I went to run a couple errands today and when i got back my gardner had dumped off more wood for me from a mesquite tree that he just cut down (Pic Below).
    Which is all fine but i dont have anywhere to put it nor enough anchor seal to seal it up. I actually have more firewood then i want (see pic below) and now wondering what i will due with the new load. Im sure the wife will be a bit mad but i wanted the wood .........ahhhhhh well
    I have ordered another gallon of anchor seal but dont expect until mid week. I think ill leave it as is and have to seal it up and place it along side the house under the eve on the concrete drive way and hope for the best. Anyother area and it would be in wet soil or grass so ill put a couple wood stingers down and stack it up off the concrete - temps here still very hot and wont turn until late Sept but its all i can do for now.
    I sure like the mesquite and the natural colors with just oil finish when turned so i hope i dont lose much .........
    Any ideas for hot temps and storage? LOL i know goooood luck

Dan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New-Pile.jpg   Wood-Pile.jpg  

Stand some on end, without sealing, it will spalt won't it? Might be an excellent look. Too much wood? You can never have to much. Just have a bonfire and hotdogs!
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING

Dan on the bigger stuff if it were me I would cut the pith out of it. This should slow down the cracking. I did this with some walnut till my anchorseal showed up.
    Bernie W.

Retirement: Thats when you return from work one day
    and say, Hi, Honey, Im home forever.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Thanks both ideas im going to use - i have a covered area in the front where there is soil damp but out of the direct sun and ill stand some up under there as suggested.
    Also ill start cutting the pith out of some of it as soon as i can and probably cut them into blanks and seal them up and put in the garage - alothough ill be limited in the amount i can store there.....both ideas are great and thanks alot............Dan

That is a lot of wood.
    You could go into business selling it.
    Why buy Anchorseal one gallon at a time? If you buy a five gallon bucket, there is no shipping charge. The stuff keeps as long as it doesn't get frozen. If you think it is more than you can use, friends will be happy to buy a couple gallons at the reduced cost.

What Frank said.

where are you buying it with free shipping?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Mosley View Post
    where are you buying it with free shipping?
    Direct from the manufacturer, UC Coatings.
    http://www.uccoatings.com/Home/Products/ANCHORSEAL

I didn't read the page, hope they haven't changed their policy since I got mine.

Mesquite won't spalt, it's a very rot resistant wood. I ran out of wood sealer a while back, I've just been using old latex. Here in the heat it dries in no time. By the time your done with the last one, it's dry enough to start on the first one again, you can build it up as thick as you want this way, probably not as good as anchor seal, but it works fine for me.

I sure would like to have your problem Dan!!!!
    Larry