good news / bad news

Drew Watson

Well I can finally say the good news that I landed a great permanant Job as a carpenter with the local school district here. Had a 3 month probation period and didn't want to say anything before now to jinx it. I had been struggling with finding work and this just popped up and out of 50 applicants I landed the job. So Yay for that.

Now the bad news. I got married last year to a very wonderful and special lady and she just found out that she has breast cancer. On the positive note it is the most common kind and in that aspect it is the most reseached and the most treatable. Janet is slated for surgery to have the lump and a node removed in the next couple of weeks. It has been a roller coaster of emotions as she is happy one minute and crying the next. I am doing all that I can to keep up a good apperance but it sometimes just gets the best of me too. Not that I would ask anything for myself but just a prayer for Janet and all that she is going through. Thanks

Okj trying to keep on the positive side of things it has given me a chance to get my shop cleaned up and I can actually see the floor again.

Congrats!! on the job.

My wife is a breast cancer survivor. 5 years cancer free. Believe me, its a very scary thing to endure. If your wife needs any moral support or any questions asked, my wife, Marilyn, would be pleased to help.

Congrats on the new job! Be strong for LOYL. We've had a few friends go through the same thing. Very scary for sure, but all have come through stronger than before.

Wes

Drew, congrats on the new job!

My lovely wife Emiko went through the breast cancer thing just over a year ago, I know exactly what you mean about a roller coaster ride, and it will get worse, but that is short term, long term, it will get better, it has for us, and it will for you two as well.

If you need someone to ask questions to or chat with, PM me and we can set it up, really, even if you just want to vent, pop me a note.

Stu

Thanks for all prayers and good wishes and offers of people to talk with that have gone through similar situations I really do appreciate that more than anything.

My mom has gone through breast cancer in both breasts back when all they did was remove the breasts and has been able to give lots of support to Janet. Now things in regards to surgery and the options have changed lots and I am trying to keep as positive an attitude as i can towards the entire thing. When Janet breaks down in tears for no reason is the toughest as i know how scared that she is and i feel so helpless to do anything to help. I am a real hands on person and if I can't fix things I find a way to makle them work. This just makes me feel so helpless not being able to protect the ones that I love.

I am lucky with this new job though as the people at work are really understanding towards this and have no problem with me taking what time I need to be with Janet. It is really great to have a new job with people like this to work with. I have worked for years in the private sector with no compassion towards family matters at all.

Congratulations for the new job and vibes and prayers sent.
My sister and sister in law went through the same and I can fully understand your and her feelings.

Congrats on the job. As to the cancer, my Mom is a 23 year survivor. It was scary at the time, no doubt, but she's certainly fine now. And the treatment has come a long way since then.
Best of luck, and keep us updated.
paulh

Have a friend's wife finishing her reconstructive surgery this week, a teacher in our school finished hers over the summer. They are doing well, pray the same for your wife. Hang tough and be a constant support.

What can I say other than my thouhgts are with you and your wife. Maybe you can't fix this one, but hopefully the Drs. can :thumb: I'm sure you already know enough to just be there and hold her and comfort her as much as you can. Sounds like the new job is a blessing in many ways already.

Best wishes for a positive outcome. My wife is a 2 time survivor which proves it can happen !