New lathe

Wayne Bower

Well, I finially did it. Ordered a new 1642 EVS 1.5 hp from Woodsmith here in Des Moines. They were able to meet and beat the Amazon price and there was no shipping charge. Only took a week for it to get here. Jeff and I picked it up Saturday, put it together and I have turned some with it. It is really smooth. Pics included. And yes that is Jeff and I reading some of the instructions.

Attachments

• 1642_EVS_005 post.jpg
    1642_EVS_005 post.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 67
  • 1642_EVS_007 post.jpg
    1642_EVS_007 post.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 69
  • 1642_EVS_011 post.jpg
    1642_EVS_011 post.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 72
  • 1642_EVS_018 post.jpg
    1642_EVS_018 post.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 78
Congrats, Wayne. That's a great lathe. I suspect you're gonna really enjoy using it. :thumb: (And I promise to keep your little secret about reading the instructions to myself.) :D

Now you'll never be able to keep Jeff out of your shop. :rolleyes: :p

Thanks guys. I hope to get some turning done this week. I did score my first wood here in Des Moines so I have something to work with.
Jeff, you are welcome to use the lathe, but don't get it too dirty. :rofl:

Thanks for the pics... I think that Vaughn understands instructions... did he say that is what he did for a living? Writing manuals is not an easy task.. it would help if we all had the same learning modality.

Go have fun and turn and turn and turn.... post lots of pics of your turnings!!

paul

Jeff, I think my wife's motto of "what is mine is our's and what is her's is her's" does not work in the same context when it's father and son...sorry. :dunno:

Congrats Wayne! :thumb: