more box elder

hey all i wasn't gonna post this as i figure your getting tired of seeing me.:).
But as i got a tipod this weekend i thought i'd try it out. this is what i'm calling a fruit bowl as it's13"x 3" and just reminds me of one.:huh:Well here it is, i hope the pics are at least a little better.

Attachments

• 009 [800x600].JPG
    009 [800x600].JPG
    104.7 KB · Views: 62
  • 010 [800x600].JPG
    010 [800x600].JPG
    105.4 KB · Views: 63
  • 011 [800x600].JPG
    011 [800x600].JPG
    91.9 KB · Views: 59
WOW,I never get tired of seein work like that.FANTASTIC you done did good :thumb::thumb::thumb:
Ken thanks i'm trying.:)
Excellent job Stephen!

Doesn't look like the box elder I've seen but it sure is pretty.
Pete it don't have much red but it does have some.This is a piece of crotch. I wish it had more red but,o well i still keep hoping i'll find some better flame
That is a beauty Stephen. Really nice wood and finish.
Thanks Bernie. my boss saw it this mourning and wanted to steel this one to, but i didn't let him this time.:eek:

That's a great-looking bowl, Steve. :clap: Darker than the box elder I've turned, but it's real pretty stuff. I like the form on this one, too. (I'm a small foot kind of guy.)

The tripod sure made an improvement compared to the last set of pics. The focus is much better. :thumb: Next you'll get into playing with the lighting to get rid of shadows. (Photos are another little Vortex all on their own.) :D

Beautiful Stephen! Great shape, and finish. The grain in that is very nice. Well done!

Tom
Tom thanks i'm trying
That's a great-looking bowl, Steve. :clap: Darker than the box elder I've turned, but it's real pretty stuff. I like the form on this one, too. (I'm a small foot kind of guy.)

The tripod sure made an improvement compared to the last set of pics. The focus is much better. :thumb: Next you'll get into playing with the lighting to get rid of shadows. (Photos are another little Vortex all on their own.) :D
Vaughn not sure why the wood is so much darker than what i've seen elsewhere. The only thing i can think of is this tree was very healthy when we had it taken down. it was right in the way of the house we are getting ready to start.( not the one i've been showing)
As far as lighting i've got a bunch of lights so i'm gonna experment a little this weekend and see if i can figure it out.:)

That is a really nice piece. The finish is awesome. :thumb:
Thanks Wayne.One of these days i'm gonna get a big boy lathe like you just did.:thumb:

That's a beauty! and a BIG one too! Wish I had that capacity:eek:
Barry thanks also.Thats the biggest i've been able to get out of my lathe. Some day i'll get something bigger but not right away.:(