state fair results... big update!!!

Dan Noren

Staff member
i was surprised that they got the results posted so early. well, for good or bad, here they are....

grandfather clock didn't place (not sure why, waiting to see the scoring sheet)

coffee table took first in tables ($8 and ribbon)

foot stool took fourth (ribbon only)

also won the mcgowan award, not sure what i got it for, probably the table. (rosette and $25)

Attachments

• grandfather clock completed a.JPG
    grandfather clock completed a.JPG
    98.7 KB · Views: 53
  • finished table 4.JPG
    finished table 4.JPG
    98 KB · Views: 48
  • 16 finished foot stool.JPG
    16 finished foot stool.JPG
    95.8 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Excellent work. I really liked all three pieces. What did the competition look like? Maybe the judge just smashed his finger in a doorway moving an old cumbersome and heavy Grandfather clock so is prejudiced against them! :dunno::huh::rofl::rofl:

If the table and foot stool placed and the clock didn't, my guess is that the judges preferred the traditional styles over the contemporary stuff.

OTOH, the McGowan Award sure sounds like some type of "best of show" type of thing, based on the $25 check that comes with it. Maybe it's for the clock. ;)

thanks guys! not sure what i got it for, but i will find out on sunday. the booklet says that it is for craftsmanship in woodworking. i must have done something right... :dunno:

the big happy update!!

i just received an email from one of my co-workers just now. he was at the fair with the family, and he said that the grandfather clock had a 2nd place ribbon hanging on it!!! :bonkers::clap::rofl::D:thumb:
darn those data entry errors... :doh:

Second place? I still think you got robbed. :rolleyes: It's a sweet clock with a fresh (at least to me) design. Congrats, still. :clap:

funny thing is that i almost knew that there was an error. that the clock was too good, in spite of it's flaws, and it does have some flaws, not to have placed at least 3rd or even 4th. i'm gonna give them a call tomorrow to have the error on the web site corrected. :thumb: