gun grips

Dawn Kight

It's been awhile just wanted to stop to show off my hubbies latest work.

Spalted birch
3.jpg

2.jpg

they are match booked

Dawn does he impregnate them with CA glue or something to make them more durable? Seems like the spalted would crack easily. Very nice grips, good gun also I imagine, more a six shooter feller myself.

Jonathan not real sure about that I'll ask all though they have held up to about 600 rounds so far so i hope i don't have a problem especially since I'll be shooting an IDPA match in a few weeks
I like revolvers also my next pistol will be .357 probably S&W

When on the Sheriff's Posse I carried a 4" 686 Smith and Wesson 357. Had a spring job done on it, could dry fire it with a nickel standing on edge and stay there through the cycle. Wood grips are excellent to look at, but for qualifying, my carry gun always had Pachmeyer grips with the finger grooves giving me the same grip each time. Good luck on your upcoming shoot!

Those look great Dawn. :thumb: I'm a Pachmayr fan myself, but my dad prefers wood grips. I may just have to see if I could make him a set.

Gun Stuff

I have been engraving some gun stuff lately. Grips, dog tags, boxes etc.

If anyone would like to try their initials or a monogram on a gun grip let me know. Wood works best. Plastic grips - I never know if it will engrave or melt.

MODS - If anyone thinks this is an ad please delete it or move it to the classifieds.

I do not consider it an ad as my prices seldom cover postage. Just trying to be a service to someone and not lose to much.

Here is a sample.

Of course the ever present Laser Disclaimer - I just might burn up the whole grip so use caution.

Attachments

• gripsample.jpg
    gripsample.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 37