cramped quarters

Before making our move to Georgia, my "shop" was our two-car garage. I utilized wall space and mobile carts as much as possible. You can see how it looked here. It took less than 10 minutes to roll everything into "my" side of the garage so my wife's car had ample room.

Of course, I much prefer what I have now. ;)

Before making our move to Georgia, my "shop" was our two-car garage. I utilized wall space and mobile carts as much as possible. You can see how it looked here. It took less than 10 minutes to roll everything into "my" side of the garage so my wife's car had ample room.

Of course, I much prefer what I have now. ;)

I like BOTH your shops, and I see where your wall cabs in your old shop, worked nicely. I also like your sanding set-up, I could sell the 6x48 and go with what you use. the storage is the selling point. your new shop is wonderfully thought out!!! and it hardly ever freezes in Ga, another plus!!!!:thumb:

my suggestion of putting the bench againsst the wall, was to save you open space in the center, incase youre tackling something big and need to move sheets and stuff around without having to lift them over tables and machines.
My other suggestion was to build another table that fits underneath the bench on castors so you can work on any side of a project, and have it anywhere so it can be pushed aside when not working on it and not in the way of anything else.
when space is a major factor during projects, every inch of open space needs to be free when needed.
I often push a few machines to one side, the next day I might have to push those same back to the other side, but its only a few minutes to move 4 machines, and the space makes me feel like Im working in a shop double the size(only feels like that, its still about your size shop)

my suggestion of putting the bench againsst the wall, was to save you open space in the center, incase youre tackling something big and need to move sheets and stuff around without having to lift them over tables and machines.
My other suggestion was to build another table that fits underneath the bench on castors so you can work on any side of a project, and have it anywhere so it can be pushed aside when not working on it and not in the way of anything else.
when space is a major factor during projects, every inch of open space needs to be free when needed.
I often push a few machines to one side, the next day I might have to push those same back to the other side, but its only a few minutes to move 4 machines, and the space makes me feel like Im working in a shop double the size(only feels like that, its still about your size shop)

I understand,Allen... some major re-org is in the future... may even sell a few machines to make more room.. I still think another shed is in order... something on the line of a 10x10..to keep tools/wood/mower/tiller in...they're not too expensive...