Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another weekend is upon us, so what ya got going

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix

Another weekend is upon us, so what ya got going

I think I'll finaly get my backlog under control. I'll be in the shop all day Sat and sunday after church. Maybe by the time next week end rolls round I'll have enough room to take on somemore. Got a whole list of folks want me to do restorations but I also have to keep in mind that soon it'll be time to start the big comission job.
    So what ya'll got planned.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

falcon heights, minnesota
    probably working on a couple of boxes for the wife, and going to the fair on sunday.
    benedictione omnes bene

Lakeport NY and/or the nearest hotel
    Work on my son's bed
    work on my other son's desk (hope to knock them both out of my shop, as they're taking up space)

build some shelves for storage in the tambour storage cabinet
    set up my DC
    work on my router wing for the TS

If I get any of those done I'll be happy. It is the end of my 'production' month however, so I'll also be putting a couple of hours in on the work computer to make sure I get a bigger bonus check next month.

Tokyo Japan
    The Aparto II
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

new york city burbs
    after work tomorrow, Im taking the wife down to Atlantic city to get her jollies.
    It keeps her happy, she loves those penny machines. Ill spend some time over in the new harbor freight store close by.

DSM, IA
    Tomorrow morning helping my dad finish insulating and sheeting the walls of his shop, maybe a little time on his new lathe too.

Saturday night, meeting with a friend that wants me to build some simple cedar planter boxes that will be used as center pieces for her wedding next month. I'm going to get real familiar with cedar planks on Sunday.
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

more work on the router table, If all goes well tonight i'll have the top done and i'll be able to start the fence on saterday.
    Focusing your life on only one path does nothing but close your mind to the infinite possibilities that surround us.

Think out side the box for the box is small, cold, dark, and doesn’t have cookies.

Jiutepec Morelos, Mexico
    Also more work on my router table and starting with rails and stiles for two vanities.

Kansas City, Missouri
    Planning to make some fatties (sausage) on the smoker. Cleaning up the shop and probably planing down some oak for the entertainment center my FIL is building.

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

North West Indiana
    Work on the shop build I have going on.
    God and family, the rest is icing on the cake.

I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place.

Premier Bovine Scatologist