Another weekend is upon us, so what ya got going

Don Baer

Staff member
I think I'll finaly get my backlog under control. I'll be in the shop all day Sat and sunday after church. Maybe by the time next week end rolls round I'll have enough room to take on somemore. Got a whole list of folks want me to do restorations but I also have to keep in mind that soon it'll be time to start the big comission job.
So what ya'll got planned.

Work on my son's bed
work on my other son's desk (hope to knock them both out of my shop, as they're taking up space)

build some shelves for storage in the tambour storage cabinet
set up my DC
work on my router wing for the TS

If I get any of those done I'll be happy. It is the end of my 'production' month however, so I'll also be putting a couple of hours in on the work computer to make sure I get a bigger bonus check next month.

after work tomorrow, Im taking the wife down to Atlantic city to get her jollies.
It keeps her happy, she loves those penny machines. Ill spend some time over in the new harbor freight store close by.

Tomorrow morning helping my dad finish insulating and sheeting the walls of his shop, maybe a little time on his new lathe too. :rolleyes:

Saturday night, meeting with a friend that wants me to build some simple cedar planter boxes that will be used as center pieces for her wedding next month. I'm going to get real familiar with cedar planks on Sunday.

more work on the router table, If all goes well tonight i'll have the top done and i'll be able to start the fence on saterday.

My Shrine Club is having a free hot dog cook-out tomorrow at the local Wal-Mart to promote an upcoming free screening clinic. The clinic will be to help sign up children who may benefit from the free care for orthopedic, and other, problems at one of our hospitals.
I just returned from doing an interview on the local radio station and picking up a large barbeque from a friendly bank and towing it home.
In a little while a friend I loaned some tools to is coming by to return. I'll waste some time with him in my shop.
Sunday, church, newspaper, brunch (I cook), take wife out to wherever she wants to go and, mebbe, mess around in shop a bit.

Attachments

• bbq.jpg
    bbq.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 13
Babysitting for a few grand kids while my wife and daughters take a trip to the big city, (Saugus Mass.) for dinner and a comedy show at a Chinese food restaurant for my daughter Melissa's bachlorette party.

Sunday, hopefully start the hope chest I promised my daughter for her wedding.

Hopefully this is the last week of Viking furniture for me. :rolleyes:

The entertainment center we recently acquired has been cut in half, but now I need to get the pieces moved into the bedroom where it's going and put the two halves back together again.

I also have a selection of several dried roughouts I can finish up on the lathe if time permits. I need to get busy building my stock back up...show season starts soon.

Things are very dark gray, hot, and smoky here. Fire season is in full swing. I'm hoping we don't have to pack up the essentials and leave.

Don't ya love to wake up to the sound of a bull horn going down the street saying "Prepare to Evacuate":eek:

I don't miss those day one one bit. Hope you stay safe.

So far no evacuations in our neighborhood, but I was driving around last night and I went by La Canada/Flintridge (a few miles east of us) to have a look at the flames. Pretty scary stuff. I saw some folks packing up there. We're always on our toes during fire season since we're on a ridge right on the edge of the Angeles National Forest, in what the insurance companies consider to be a high fire danger area. Lots of dry brush and big trees.

This weekend will be our regular schedule... Knoxville Farmers Market on Saturday - hoping it doesn't rain us out... then to Chattanooga Market on Sunday.. - that's under a pavillion, so rain won't matter, except may keep people home.

After this weekend, taking a month off to work on inventory...

I'm going to replace the window in my youngest daughters room tomorrow. If I finish, then it's on to my oldest daughters room to do the same Sunday.