My old ryobi table router has bit the dust

Jim Hager

My old ryobi router has all but bit the dust. It's been a dandy with no telling how many hours of work, always been very dependable but now it's time to part company probably.

What table router would you guys recommend. I've been looking a little at the Triton but I haven't made up my mind yet.

B000DINFHY.01._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

If you guys have any comments on which one is a dandy table router let me know. I don't use my rt all that much as I do most stuff on the shapers but I still want and need one that will be as tough and dependable as this old ryobi has been. I wish ryobi had made some more good tools but everything else I ever had of theirs was not what it should have been.

I know Frank Pellow just got the Triton. He tried a friend's and liked it, so he bought one for himself. I have the Hitachi M12V that a lot of folks use, and find nothing to complain about with it. (I also have a Router Raizer installed on it, which has done all I need it to do.)

You were happy with your Ryobi, have you considered just replacing it with another one? I've got the RE180 (I think that's the number...it's the one in the 2HP 3-base kit) mounted in a table. Once you take the springs out of the plunge base, it works great in that application.

I'm going to Ditto what Vaughn said, I don't have the M12V, just the M12, but when it dies, the Triton will get a good hard look for sure, if I don't pick, then the M12V will most likely get the nod.

Was there anything wrong with the Ryobi........?

Something you did not like? (besides it going poof, that is.....;))

Cheers!

I'm going to Ditto what Vaughn said, I don't have the M12V, just the M12, but when it dies, the Triton will get a good hard look for sure, if I don't pick, then the M12V will most likely get the nod.

Was there anything wrong with the Ryobi........?

Something you did not like? (besides it going poof, that is.....;))

Cheers!

Naw, great router for a table. It was easy to adjust and has a great collet. That's why I haven't already jumped on some of the new ones out there already. This ole beast has been a great router. Variable speed, easily adjustable, great table router, great hand held router too, just a bit heavy.

Jim; check out Busy Bee's router table B168ON Reg. 189 O/S 125 CDN.

No specs on their site, it's in their Winter Special cat. They are out of stock right now, expected delivery end of Jan. worth waiting for. ask Frank, he has one on order as well. I'm putting my Triton 2 1/4 hp on it as soon as it comes in.

The table specs, 24 x 32, 1" thick MDF with laminate on top & bottom, insert plate
7 7/8 x 11 7/8 x 3/8 thick prebored with 1 3/4 bit hole, miter gauge slot, 37" fence of 3" x 3" x 1/4" extruded aluminum angle with a 3/4" hardwood subfence, bit guard, & 2 1/2 vac attach.