Dremel Multimax Tool Kit ?

Al killian

I am in need of a tools that can trim plywood flush to the wall and seen this. The reveiws seems good, but we all know how that goes. Anyone use one? Or should I look at getting the Fein? I am trying to save my cash right now, but do not want to buy something that is not going to work well.:wave:

al,
fein`s patent ran out.......i have no idea how well the dremell unit is made but if you are able to buy it from a no questions asked/return it for a working unit type store you should be able to use it to make money.
i have an older pneumatic fein that i really find handy.

I have the dremel and it's been fine so far for what I've used it on. I was massaging a couple of half lap joints in a arbour I'm building and I just needed to shave bits off here and there.

It works great for sanding but it seems to go through paper in a flash.

I bought the dremel and have used it quite a bit during a bathroom remodel I'm just finishing up.

It works as advertised.

I've cut wood with it.....removed grout with it......

It works as advertised.

Seems like a month or so back, one of he WW mags had a comparison of (i believe 4) of the kits like that. I think one was Fein, Delta or PC, Harbor Freight and Dremel. They seemed to cover them pretty well in their tests and the good/bad points of each. One or two could use the cutters/tools from another and the others couldn't. (just can't remember which mag it was in).

I got one, Santa was involved, but I have not found it to be as useful as advertised. OK it will do a plunge cut and some detail sanding but as an all a round handy dandy time saver.... Nada! But, on the other hand, Last week I needed to install a cabinet in a room with corner molds covering poorly installed paneling. The saw sliced through the molding w/o a problem... I have found it a great asset for removal of the bottom of the door casement when converting to a Tile floor. Once I used it to cut a plunge cut into a wall for adding an electrical recepticle box.

So, Yes it is handy and yes I would buy it again but to think it is a panacia of tools is stretching the envelope.... One thing that is a problem, when I was cutting the corner molding, I had to re-cut one piece and there was considerable distance to the next nail and so the strip vibrated along with the tool so no cut was made till I nailed down the molding to stop the movement.