11 x 22 packed full of goodness

well, here it is in all its glory! LOL

just kidding, its a small 11' x 22' shop built onto the back of our garage with a sloped roof. its small but i have to make do with what i have.
i would like to put up a metal shed in the back yard right next to it or build some kind of lean-to just for a place to store my lumber. there is
a rack in the shop but i want to get the wood setup vertically instead of horizontally like it is now. plus it would free up some space so i could
move some machines out against that wall.

i am new to woodworking and i have been slowly gathering machines and there isnt much more that
i really need so im looking forward to getting things done so i can start having some fun!

anyways, here are a few pics of the shop and my machines.

north wall
20v15d4.jpg

south wall
2441xzb.jpg

east entrance
25a6uzm.jpg

Delta planer
hvqrfn.jpg

router table
2n0iqn4.jpg

Delta oscillating sander
21bl9w.jpg

17" Craftsman drill press
4gkwg5.jpg

14" Ridgid band saw
xank2s.jpg

Hegner scroll saw
33er3ar.jpg

Craftsman table saw
2ln7d3o.jpg

6" combination sander
2hyhp2.jpg

9" combination sander
vso1w1.jpg

60 gallon air compressor
25i2g51.jpg

Last edited:
Just about the size of my shop also. Nice layout with the given space, nice equipment also:thumb: since this is your first post, WELCOME:wave:, now for your next post, show us what ya build:)

Looks good, :thumb:Where do you keep your lathe ?
:D
sorry don but no lathe, maybe someday but i need to work with what i have so far.

Just about the size of my shop also. Nice layout with the given space, nice equipment also:thumb: since this is your first post, WELCOME:wave:, now for your next post, show us what ya build:)

tom, i havent really built much of anything as of yet. was slowly getting machines as money would allow plus its been a wicked hot summer and
i just havent had any interest in getting out there to do anything, i was going to put in an a/c unit in the wall but since its getting late in the year now
and its starting to cool down i will save that money and use it to get that electrician over and wire in my air compressor and my heater.

being new to all this im not sure what i will start out with doing first? maybe start out easy with some chess, cribbage and cuttings boards as xmas gifts.
i joined a local club and everyone has been so nice i look forward to meeting all of them and learning things as i go. one nice thing i can say is that the
woodworking community is a helpful bunch of people!

Welcome aboard, Kevin. :wave: Great-looking shop. Looks like you have all the major food groups covered (except the lathe, as Don pointed out). :) I have the same drill press, and like it a lot. (I need to re-tweak my laser, though.)

Now the fun really begins. ;)

welcome kevin and yur a smart fellar to stay away from them spinny things:) they cause undue grief..your much better stayun flat and being normal:):thumb::thumb: thanks for your tour and the ww group your close to can be alot of help.. they can lead you threw the stages to mae some really nice projects as we can here as well..the forum is about helping one another to learn and get assistance when needed, from a freindly source.. carry on kevin welcome to our forum:thumb:

Welcome to the Family Kevin!

Your shop and mine are about the same size, but yours is a bit easier to get into and out of :D

Looks like you have all the needed tools, but I do not recall seeing a dust collector? :huh:

Cheers!

thanks everyone for the kind words, this is exactly what im talking about with
woodworkers. i didnt know anyone in the club and i was invited to there yearly
picnic and they all made me feel so welcome, it was great and i got my dues
paid for on the spot!

Vaughn: i look forward to working with the craftsman drill press, and you might
be pissed if i told you how much i paid for it. i got such a fantastic deal on all
of my stuff. i would search and wait for things to come around and when they
did i would snatch it up and save big time.

Stuart: you have to look hard to see my Jet DC, its at the far end left of the
table saw and its disassembled. you can see it better in the south wall picture,
its behind the chair.
its the Jet DC1100A but one thing i want to get changed is the soft filter bag
on top and replace it with one of the metal type filters but there just so expensive.

another thing i want to try and find out if the tower on the drill press is the same
size as the Delta cause i really like their new dp table that tilts side to side and
to the front. it would be awesome if the mounting system was the same size?

Welcome to the Family Kevin! :wave:

My parents have spent some time in your town and loved it! Great looking shop, now get some sawdust on the floor and show us some pics of your projects. :thumb:

Kevin, I also got a heck of a deal on my drill press. Sears briefly (and apparently accidentally) had it on sale for about $180 a couple of years ago. ;)

Welcome Kevin,

You've got some nice woodworking tools in your well organized space!

Thanks for the tour

btw....Either you have two youngin's or you and your wife's initials are "CG" & "MG" :D (scratched in the concrete at the door entrance!)

nice collection of toys.

do you move that tablesaw to cut larger pieces? (HTC makes decent mobile bases)

i dont move it....yet anyway. i do want to get a mobile base for it, i really
like the shop fox brand which has square tubing. just seems like it would be
very ridgid with tubing instead of plate? how many people do you need to
lift it onto a mobile base??

Kevin, I also got a heck of a deal on my drill press. Sears briefly (and apparently accidentally) had it on sale for about $180 a couple of years ago. ;)

you lucky bast@rd, i did beat you by five bucks but mine was used....barely.
those are the kinds of deals that makes us all feel warm and fuzzy about
ourselves!

btw....Either you have two youngin's or you and your wife's initials are "CG" & "MG" :D (scratched in the concrete at the door entrance!)

that was my father EG and my mother MG scratched in when he first built the shop.
my father built it back around 1985 and got to use it for six months
before he had a series of strokes that left him paralyzed. the shop did have a
lot of gear in it but we had to sell it after he passed away to help pay bills.
i moved back home after he passed to help my mom out and i paid off the house
and now being partially disabled i wanted a hobby so i have been slowly
filling the shop back up and i look forward to building stuff come this winter
when its all done and ready.

Kevin,
Welcome to the family... Your shop is just a hair smaller than mine... I have a stand alone building out back that's 12x24.. we built it just after our move to TN. Mine isn't nearly as clean as yours... even with a dust collector, everything gets covered with sanding dust, saw dust, dirt and who knows what else.... but it's much better than what I had in Houston... there I was in a 9 x 11 storage shed in the back yard... had to go outside to change my mind.