Woodsmith Candle Holder - scaled down

glenn bradley

I'm sure many of us have seen this plan; originally for 6 candles and almost 2 feet long. This is a scaled down version waiting on a couple more layers of topcoat. Walnut and beech, BLO and shellac.

Attachments

• woodsmith-inspired-1.jpg
    woodsmith-inspired-1.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 57
  • woodsmith-inspired-2.jpg
    woodsmith-inspired-2.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 49
Great stuff, Glenn. I hadn't seen the original design, but I really like the scale of yours. We're gonna have to start calling you Candles McBradley before too long if you keep this sort of stuff up. :p

Glenn you have the candle holder design down to a tee. Now i have lost count of all those differnet designs you been making.

Guess your Xmas stock is building up quick and fast with all these candle holders. I know what everyone is getting this Xmas from Glenn.:D:rofl:

Nah you were all wrong.....It is LIGHT!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Fantastic piece Glenn, and quick to make:thumb::thumb::thumb:

I have a question though, the two central pieces are truly apart, or is it just a deep slot?

The main part is milled as one piece and then cut in half. There are supports across the narrow dimension between the legs in a pair of grooves on the bottom. This adds quite a bit of effort to the piece and I am not sure that the benefit is worth it. I will know once i have the final topcoat on it and light the candles. If the effect is not pretty dramatic, I may try some sort of slot on another version for simplicity's sake.