Sexy Shoulder Plane

Ian Gillis

Here's a form of shoulder plane that I've never seen before. Very nice lines - sculptural, really. It looks like an iron plane inspired by wooden carriage maker's planes.

No, it's not mine (but I do have a birthday to come this year ;) )

More photos on that wee auction site 120074111640
rtCurve.gif

Attachments

• shoulder plane.JPG
    shoulder plane.JPG
    11.8 KB · Views: 56
If ya want it, inquire whether the seller would ship to another person in the states--I've been the in between person before for others. Then it is simply shipped on. Well, I might have to take a peek...

Shipping to Canada [or other countries for that matter] is a breeze. Don't know why some eBay sellers don't.

Take care, Mike

If ya want it, inquire whether the seller would ship to another person in the states--I've been the in between person before for others. Then it is simply shipped on. Well, I might have to take a peek...

Shipping to Canada [or other countries for that matter] is a breeze. Don't know why some eBay sellers don't.

Take care, Mike

I often contact sellers to ask if they'll ship to Canada. Usually the response is positive - others don't even bother to respond. We're a market approx the same size as California - seems silly to shut us out.

And thanks for the kind offer, Mike, but I'm content to admire this one from afar ;). In addition, if they won't agree to accept my bid, eBay blocks me from submitting it - grrrrr!

Looks like someone is serious in getting it already then

I put a bid in and was quickly trounced. It's at $129.50 right now - more than I'm willing to spend.
Yeah, it looks like this one has way too much early activity. When folks put in bids this far from the end of the auction, it almost always jacks up the price to the point where it's no longer a good deal. I prefer using a bid sniping site to do my bidding instead. My bid typically is placed less than 5 seconds before the end of the auction, and I think the only auctions I've lost have been those where the final selling price was higher than what I was willing to bid. My preference is bidnapper.com, but there are others, too. Costs a bit of money, but it's money well-spent, IMHO.

Much like defensive shots on a pool table, some folks think bid sniping is somehow immoral, wrong, or cheating, but I see it (and eBay sees it) as part of the game. ;)

Sweet plane, BTW!