It's Friday, so what ya'll got planned for the weekend

Have a pre tailgate party to go to tonight for the Iowa State v. Iowa football game tomorrow. Will probably watch the game tomorrow and then get some shop time in. I was a single dad all last weekend, so my wife said I should get some more shop time this weekend! :thumb:

I'm finshing up some lathe pieces for a comission and then I can do whatever I want...:D

Weekend

Friday:
I'll finish installing my PSI TSGUARD this afternoon and get some photos. You can see a little of what's happening on my ShopCam. LOML will be home from work about 5:30. We'll chill out for a bit, then go out for dinner.

Saturday:
LOML and I will start the day with a workout at the YMCA, then grab a little breakfast. The rest of the day will be a little work around our yard. Of course, I'll be front and center for the NASCAR Cup race at RIR to finish the day.

Sunday:
Our usual coffee (for me) and hot tea (for her) with the Sunday newspaper to start the day. Then, I'll prepare breakfast as usual. After that, we plan to sit on the porch and watch the wind blow. That is, until it's time for me to fire up the grill for some ribeyes! Yum!!! :thumb:

Friday, pick up front axle spindle for my Oliver, install it and get it back in the field.
Saturday, haircut, ceiling and insulation in my new shop installed. Cut metal for peaks on West and East sides of the new shop.
Sunday, clean up yard around shop, go fishing.

Friday night lights tonight, home game, so get to go stake out some bleecher space and shout "Go Bears!" a lot. Thinking about making one of those silly D 'fence' cutouts for homecoming. (just to embarass my son, :rofl::rofl:)

Going to spend the day out in the shop tomorrow And most of sunday, at least that's the plan. I worked up a skp plan for the island, now I get to go execute it and hopefully will have it in the house by Monday (assembly tomorrow, a quick coat of mineral oil (easily renewed and 'quick' to dry vs poly) on the top and it should be good to go. Going to go for a coat of primer and some latex on the legs. Have to go to the local hardware store for that (a little more expensive, but I like to keep them in business vs the BORG)
see attached for island plan

Attachments

• island frame.jpg
    island frame.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 5
  • island frame.skp
    40.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Replacing fuel lines on my daughter's old car to get it sold; sorting boxes and boxes and boxes of cut-offs in the FIL's shop; clearing space for some rough cut lumber on the rack; and finally visiting with my parents that will be in town.

Bill, I like the shopcam, should help keep you honest. You got a Polaroid photo to tape up in front of it when your hiding from the world (like in mission impossible)?

... Bill, I like the shopcam, should help keep you honest. You got a Polaroid photo to tape up in front of it when your hiding from the world (like in mission impossible)?
I've thought about using an endless loop video of some of the frames captured during the day and let it run all night. ;) That would really keep 'em guessin'!!! :huh:

Leave early tomorrow morning to catch the Keystone Ferry to Port Townsend for Lie Nielsen's Hand Tool Event at Edensaw Woods. <<LINK>>

We are staying all weekend and though next week in Port Townsend. The Annual Wooden Boat Festival is also going on this weekend and we plan to see that. <<LINK>>

The reason we are staying all of next week is that I am taking two classes at the Port Townsend School of Woodworking with Garrett Hack. The first is a two day class called Decorative Details <<LINK>> and the second is a three day class called Precision with Hand Tools. <<LINK>> .

I am hoping to bump into a few people I know at the hand tool event. One of them is a woodworking blogger that I follow. I am taking my camera, so I hope to have something to post when I get back next Saturday.

Installing a spray head in the black water tank - picking up my daughter at the airport for a weekend of sorting, donating, and packing - installing new headlamp bulbs in the truck so I can find my way back from Ned's house.

Last edited: